Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Just moved to area and picked up a 2016 4runner SR5 just before winter introduced itself. We are originally from the Midwest but both our jobs had us on the West Coast for many years. Looking to meet new people and explore new areas like the UP and Northern Wisconsin.

Our new rig has some basic modifications done by the previous owner but of course the list continues to grow. Our immediate mods are new UCA's to correct the alignment, front coil overs to get rid of the cheap spacer lift, fresh brakes, new wheels and tires, and building a drawer system for the back. In the spring we'll be looking to purchase a spare tire carrier and and a new RTT.

Always looking to learn new things and lend a hand whether its wrenching on a rig or cleaning up the local trails.

See you out there!

OB6142.JPG

Reactions: Dean_Sharp

Exploring With The B's

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Hey guys, I'm in SE Wisconsin as well. Live just south of Waukesha and work in Brown Deer. I've been looking for places to explore in Wisconsin.
Right on! We've tried exploring locally but have quickly discovered that all the roads in SE Wisconsin are paved. So apparently we need to explore further north. Unfortunately I just read that all state parks were closed today. So much for spring camping.

Bookiebob

Rank 0

Contributor I

Right on! We've tried exploring locally but have quickly discovered that all the roads in SE Wisconsin are paved. So apparently we need to explore further north. Unfortunately I just read that all state parks were closed today. So much for spring camping.

Gonzo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fremont, WI, USA
First Name
Gonzo
Last Name
Randall
Member #

Hello welcome to WI. Northern wi and the UP are great places to explore. I would suggest getting yourself a “Sportman’s” map if you haven’t already it shows a lot of back country road and area’s GPS’s won’t show. Plus points of interest.

Reactions: lostjohnny and GPG3

lostjohnny

Rank II

Contributor III

Hartford, WI, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

SE WI here - GAIA GPS has been one of the best inexpensive investments I've made for overlanding. It offers a number of different map layers that show camp spots, MVUM roads, forest service roads and downloadable routes and waypoints. It's super helpful in a state with a limited number of spots for overland travel.

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro