Hello from Long Beach, Ca

• HTML tutorial

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

Hello everyone, just joined and ordered my badge. Have been jeeping and camping for three years on stock JKU. Just recently started to build my dream "overland Jeep."

I have signed up with numerous online forums and have had very little luck meeting an actual group that rides often. I stumbled across this group on youtube and instantly googled searched! Hope this is the group. Look forward to meeting new people and exploring new trails.

Last edited:

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

I'm in SFV and go out exploring all the time. Shoot me a message if you want to get in touch. We got a few trips planned soon.
Most definitely Brian. My schedule is all over the place but I try to get some trail time in even for a few hours. Currently, trying to find 2-3 days to do the Mojave trail, maybe an over night trip out by Split Mountain in Anzo Borego. I would like to do the entire Rowher Flats up by you too.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Hello everyone, just joined and ordered my badge. Have been jeeping and camping for three years on stock JKU. Just recently started to build my dream "overland Jeep."

I have signed up with numerous online forums and have had very little luck meeting an actual group that rides often. I stumbled across this group on youtube and instantly googled searched! Hope this is the group. Look forward to meeting new people and exploring new trails.
Sweet looking rig! Welcome to the forums! I like what you have already done with it. I have a stock JKU too and the only modifications that I have done to it so far is on the inside. Externally, it still has the stock bumpers and 0" lift! That AEV bumper looks really cool and like the Big Lebowski would say "It really ties the jeep together!" I am also a fan of the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar Bumper, which looks very similar. Are you doing the installs yourself?

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

Sweet looking rig! Welcome to the forums! I like what you have already done with it. I have a stock JKU too and the only modifications that I have done to it so far is on the inside. Externally, it still has the stock bumpers and 0" lift! That AEV bumper looks really cool and like the Big Lebowski would say "It really ties the jeep together!" I am also a fan of the ARB Deluxe Bull Bar Bumper, which looks very similar. Are you doing the installs yourself?
Sean, thanks for the compliments.

Yes, so far all my mods have been installed by myself EXCEPT the lift. Didn't want to screw that one up. Currently have a Teraflex steerling stabilizer I need to install this week. There has been a slight play in my steering after the lift, thankfully not the "deathwobble" I hear so much about. If there is a slight play
After the stabilizer than I will bump up the tierod and draglink from my never ending list of mods.

Reactions: Sean S

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Sean, thanks for the compliments.
Yes, so far all my mods have been installed by myself EXCEPT the lift. Didn't want to screw that one up. Currently have a Teraflex steerling stabilizer I need to install this week. There has been a slight play in my steering after the lift, thankfully not the "deathwobble" I hear so much about. If there is a slight play
After the stabilizer than I will bump up the tierod and draglink from my never ending list of mods.
You're welcome! Best of luck with the mods. Your plans sound great.

I have experienced the "deathwobble" first hand and it is definitely no fun! Thankfully, it was not on my jeep but on a rental we had while on vacation on the island of Molokai in Hawaii a couple of years ago. We landed and had reserved a cheap, compact vehicle but they were all out and we were upgraded for free to a JKU Sport. I had always wanted to drive a jeep and jumped at the chance. Everything was fine for the first two days and about forty miles of driving but then on the third and subsequent days, we experienced the "deathwobble" many times. It was frightening. It did not take a lot to trigger it and the only remedy was to slow down or even come to a complete stop whilst trying to coax the violently shaking vehicle off the road at a safe location. Given that the island has a very slow speed limit and we never took it off-road, I was very hesitant to buy one afterwards.

Thankfully, my opinion changed after a couple of years of research and feedback from very happy JK owners. Now that I have seen many videos about what can cause it, I would have probably been able to diagnose or at least narrow it down to one or two worn-out or loose components under the jeep. It is no joke though. I assume that it was either bad maintenance on behalf of the rental company or the tourists renting it were taking it offroad without much care and attention. Perhaps, it was a mixture of both. We did report it to the rental company but they were not very interested in the issue as it drove fine on the last bit of our drive back to the airport. That is why I eventually decided to buy my jeep first hand. It has consistently out-performed my expectations and my JKU Rubicon is brilliant both on and offroad.

Jeremy •IIIIIII• Michael

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Long Beach, Ca
Member #

You're welcome! Best of luck with the mods. Your plans sound great.

I have experienced the "deathwobble" first hand and it is definitely no fun! Thankfully, it was not on my jeep but on a rental we had while on vacation on the island of Molokai in Hawaii a couple of years ago. We landed and had reserved a cheap, compact vehicle but they were all out and we were upgraded for free to a JKU Sport. I had always wanted to drive a jeep and jumped at the chance. Everything was fine for the first two days and about forty miles of driving but then on the third and subsequent days, we experienced the "deathwobble" many times. It was frightening. It did not take a lot to trigger it and the only remedy was to slow down or even come to a complete stop whilst trying to coax the violently shaking vehicle off the road at a safe location. Given that the island has a very slow speed limit and we never took it off-road, I was very hesitant to buy one afterwards.

Thankfully, my opinion changed after a couple of years of research and feedback from very happy JK owners. Now that I have seen many videos about what can cause it, I would have probably been able to diagnose or at least narrow it down to one or two worn-out or loose components under the jeep. It is no joke though. I assume that it was either bad maintenance on behalf of the rental company or the tourists renting it were taking it offroad without much care and attention. Perhaps, it was a mixture of both. We did report it to the rental company but they were not very interested in the issue as it drove fine on the last bit of our drive back to the airport. That is why I eventually decided to buy my jeep first hand. It has consistently out-performed my expectations and my JKU Rubicon is brilliant both on and offroad.
That would be a scary feeling going down the road at 65mph. I will definitely recheck and retorque all my joints this week. Really hope I don't have to upgrade my tie rod and draglink soon. I am pretty fixed on keeping everything underneath my Jeep "Teraflex." And paying for those will set back my Warn winch a bit more. I've seen many videos, and forum reads on this and deathwobble can be a number of things. Control arms......list goes on.

Aside from that, I have a lot of confidence in my Jeep.