Hello from indiana!!!

• HTML tutorial

Ram12

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi im new to the idea of overlanding but not new to off roading. Finding out about the trans america trail has got me really interested in getting out there and explore our great nation. I have a 2012 ram 1500 4x4 thats all stock for now.
Ive found this site a couple days ago and love reading about everyones adventures and looking at the many types of rigs out there. Cant wait to get my member# and badge!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi im new to the idea of overlanding but not new to off roading. Finding out about the trans america trail has got me really interested in getting out there and explore our great nation. I have a 2012 ram 1500 4x4 thats all stock for now.
Ive found this site a couple days ago and love reading about everyones adventures and looking at the many types of rigs out there. Cant wait to get my member# and badge!
Hi Ram12 and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Ram12

WIGGLE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Carmel, IN
Member #

Hi Ram12! I'm in Indiana too (Carmel) and we're starting off on the Trans America Trail in late April. Just doing the first few states out east at first, can't take that much time off work to do the whole thing. Going to try and knock it out in sections this year. crossing my fingers. I'm pretty new at all of this too so it's a learning experience.

Ram12

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hi Ram12! I'm in Indiana too (Carmel) and we're starting off on the Trans America Trail in late April. Just doing the first few states out east at first, can't take that much time off work to do the whole thing. Going to try and knock it out in sections this year. crossing my fingers. I'm pretty new at all of this too so it's a learning experience.
Hello there! And welcome!!! Thats awesome your close by. I keep looking for some one to set up a coffee and rigs around this area. Im planning a trip in august for a section of the tat myself. Untill then looking at daniel boone backcountry byway sometime in april.

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
I always love seeing full size rigs. My wife has an Outback that is our main vehicle, but I've been known to get my Silverado in some places it shouldn't go. I've been aware of the Trans America Trail for a while but have been resisting doing any actual research for fear of it taking over all my thoughts! We are planning the Trans Wisconsin Trail this summer, once we get a few more trips in I think something like that will be in order. Oh yeah, and I spent a few years in Lebanon, still have a few friends in that area.

Recon32

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana
Member #

Are you still interested in overlanding? Just moved to Carmel last year.

Recon32

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana
Member #

Hello there! And welcome!!! Thats awesome your close by. I keep looking for some one to set up a coffee and rigs around this area. Im planning a trip in august for a section of the tat myself. Untill then looking at daniel boone backcountry byway sometime in april.
Still interested? Recently moved to Carmel and am looking for people to off road with.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Welcome to the family from Laguna Beach, CA. Just like you about a year ago, had very little experience with “Overlanding”. We used to call it camping and got there by car! Then I was totally inspired by a show I came across on YouTube called, “Long Way Around and the sequel, Long Way Down.” Though Ewan McGreggor and his pal Charley Boorman rode BMW GS 1200R motorcycles (which my wife would never go for), I started researching rigs myself for a big, yet to be determined, adventure of our own. I bought a 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser in May 2018 and have been building it ever since. We’re leaving on our trip in March 2020 that will take us from Laguna Beach, CA to Prudhoe Bay, AK, and the all the way down the Continental Divide thru the USA, and continue thru Mexico, Central America, all the way to the Southern tip of South America to Tierra del Fuego! Crazy how something strikes a chord in your brain and inspires us to go do these crazy things! Enjoy that Trans America Trail! Maybe I should hit that for my warm up!

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Ram12 from Missouri! If you haven’t checked out the Midwest Region forums, that’s a great place to start. There is also a Facebook page as well.

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Indiana guys meet up soon??
Hey Indiana folks. Pretty new to the forum and looking at a get together in May. Looking forward to meeting som local Overlanders.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hello ... Welcome to the Overland Bound Community ... nice to have you on board!