• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@JKjournal

Welcome from Colorful Colorado! I've been out to RedRocks Canyon and out to Lake Mead, Used LV as a jumping off point for my recent trip to DVNP as well. What are your favorite places / trails near Henderson?

Boort

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
@JKjournal

Welcome from Colorful Colorado! I've been out to RedRocks Canyon and out to Lake Mead, Used LV as a jumping off point for my recent trip to DVNP as well. What are your favorite places / trails near Henderson?

Boort
There a so many trails around the Vegas valley, the Spring Mountain range is a massive playground (and a great place to get out of the Vegas heat) and the Arizona strip is just an hour or so away. We also enjoy the Logandale trail network and trips up to the Sand Hollow OHV in Southern Utah are great!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@JKjournal

I've been through the Spring Mtns on the way to DVNP and spent some time in Redrock Canyon but never really been to them as a destination, will need to do that next time I'm in the area now that my friend in Vegas has a Jeep. Any recommendations for roads places that can be covered in a stock Jeep Liberty?
Any good viewpoints that over look Vegas / Henderson for sunrise photos of the valley?

Boort

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
@JKjournal

I've been through the Spring Mtns on the way to DVNP and spent some time in Redrock Canyon but never really been to them as a destination, will need to do that next time I'm in the area now that my friend in Vegas has a Jeep. Any recommendations for roads places that can be covered in a stock Jeep Liberty?
Any good viewpoints that over look Vegas / Henderson for sunrise photos of the valley?

Boort
Wheelers Pass runs between Cold Creek and Parump. Get's up to around 7,500'. There is a nice BLM group campsite half way down to Parump (tall pines). This is a nice run, also Carpenter Canyon on the Parump side is a real nice run (small creek with tall pines). It's a big area, much to explore.