Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Greenville, SC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Huskins
Member #

Happy new member of Overland Bound here (#12449). Last year, I decided I wanted to get my family back to being a family (Nathan is 14, Hailey is 11). In the realms of Chevy Chase, I wanted to do a cross country vacation, and visit National Parks out west. Many hours of YouTube overlanding videos later, I took the plunge.
I bought a 2015 Ram Rebel and started spec'ing out components. I built a custom bed rack; Custom bed slide; bought a nice sized roof top tent; Dometic 50l fridge; Roof rack; Lights; etc... We are almost ready to go...just need to wire up the accessory deep cycle batter to the isolator and start packing.

We did a test weekend up Horse Pasture road and camped at the base of Joccasee Lake last month and it was great: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ckpg9VssymGHaK2g2

It is going to be a challenge, especially with Hailey, who is a special needs kid, but our plan is to drive out to New Mexico, and start heading north from there - probably go where the wind blows us.

I am very excited about doing more weekends around our area too, and look forward to those.

20180612_204950.jpg

Reactions: Pappy and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Happy new member of Overland Bound here (#12449). Last year, I decided I wanted to get my family back to being a family (Nathan is 14, Hailey is 11). In the realms of Chevy Chase, I wanted to do a cross country vacation, and visit National Parks out west. Many hours of YouTube overlanding videos later, I took the plunge.
I bought a 2015 Ram Rebel and started spec'ing out components. I built a custom bed rack; Custom bed slide; bought a nice sized roof top tent; Dometic 50l fridge; Roof rack; Lights; etc... We are almost ready to go...just need to wire up the accessory deep cycle batter to the isolator and start packing.

We did a test weekend up Horse Pasture road and camped at the base of Joccasee Lake last month and it was great: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ckpg9VssymGHaK2g2

It is going to be a challenge, especially with Hailey, who is a special needs kid, but our plan is to drive out to New Mexico, and start heading north from there - probably go where the wind blows us.

I am very excited about doing more weekends around our area too, and look forward to those.

View attachment 58726
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures . Nice set up.