Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

Hello OB world, my name is Ryan (#7269) and wanted to introduce myself in the forums as I begin my journey into Overlanding in earnest. I have been lurking in the site for the better part of 2017 and have found the information on the forums to be super helpful as I jump in. I live on Bainbridge Island in Washington State. I just yesterday received (hence my motivation today) my new overlanding rig a 2018 Toyota 4R TRD Off Road Premium. In the spring of this year, I started out with an X Venture 2 trailer that I have used with the family for a few great camping trips. I am planning to make many of the upgrades to my new 4R that are discussed extensively in the forums with an emphasis on vehicle recovery and off road capability. I am a novice in Overlanding and mechanics but I am looking to do much of the work myself so I can learn the skills and be more self-reliant in the back country.

Last I look forward to connecting and sharing my experience with the community here and hope to link up this summer with some of the PNW OB crew. 4r.jpeg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello OB world, my name is Ryan (#7269) and wanted to introduce myself in the forums as I begin my journey into Overlanding in earnest. I have been lurking in the site for the better part of 2017 and have found the information on the forums to be super helpful as I jump in. I live on Bainbridge Island in Washington State. I just yesterday received (hence my motivation today) my new overlanding rig a 2018 Toyota 4R TRD Off Road Premium. In the spring of this year, I started out with an X Venture 2 trailer that I have used with the family for a few great camping trips. I am planning to make many of the upgrades to my new 4R that are discussed extensively in the forums with an emphasis on vehicle recovery and off road capability. I am a novice in Overlanding and mechanics but I am looking to do much of the work myself so I can learn the skills and be more self-reliant in the back country.

Last I look forward to connecting and sharing my experience with the community here and hope to link up this summer with some of the PNW OB crew. View attachment 43394
Hi Ryan and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: JeepWave

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877

Last I look forward to connecting and sharing my experience with the community here and hope to link up this summer with some of the PNW OB crew. View attachment 43394
Welcome to Overland Bound! Hope to hear about your adventures.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Welcome from Arkansas! If you read my very first post you will see that I had no experience and I just got out there. Ended up with a stick in my tire and buying 4 used tires. Since then I have made some upgrades and I am learning every time I go out which is more than once a week. That is how you learn. Meet others. Don't hesitate. Get out and go. Have fun. The members on here do not look down on newbs. They love helping and sharing knowledge. Take it from me. Get out and explore...it only takes getting out.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Neighbor and welcome to the OB crew good looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound! You live in a beautiful part of the country with lots of trail opportunities have fun.