xc70az

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
M
Hello! I've been lurking on a few overland forums for years now. Owned a Jeep Liberty (KJ) for years that was lightly modded until it gave up at 155k miles. Haven't had a vehicle capable of anything offroad until just now. Picked up a 2009 Volvo XC70 with 80k miles. Looking forward to exploring the Southwest and hopefully doing some understated mods. Planning to do mostly forest roads and routes like Schnebly Hill Road (for anyone familiar in the area), so the lack of 4Lo was not a big deal for me in this vehicle. I use a gravel bike to get further off the beaten path. Dreaming of BFG AT/KOs, but might go something a bit lighter like Geolandars to preserve the highway ride. It's got a few repairs to do, like a faulty hood latch sensor. It appears to be in overall great shape for the price I paid. I'm having the dealer flush the Haldex AWD system, fix the hood sensor and then planning on going through other fluid conditions myself. I'm loving the comfy interior and also the space inside.
XC70.jpg

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Sweet ride! I'm new to this forum as well. I owned an XC60 T6 and we loved that car. I've also owned a pair of subie wagons that were very similar to your Volvo. I ran geolanders on them. In my opinion the best tires for the money for a wagon or crossover.

Reactions: xc70az

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Welcome! Good looking ride, there are more than a few Volvo's on the forum. You'll be in good company!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I've been lurking on a few overland forums for years now. Owned a Jeep Liberty (KJ) for years that was lightly modded until it gave up at 155k miles. Haven't had a vehicle capable of anything offroad until just now. Picked up a 2009 Volvo XC70 with 80k miles. Looking forward to exploring the Southwest and hopefully doing some understated mods. Planning to do mostly forest roads and routes like Schnebly Hill Road (for anyone familiar in the area), so the lack of 4Lo was not a big deal for me in this vehicle. I use a gravel bike to get further off the beaten path. Dreaming of BFG AT/KOs, but might go something a bit lighter like Geolandars to preserve the highway ride. It's got a few repairs to do, like a faulty hood latch sensor. It appears to be in overall great shape for the price I paid. I'm having the dealer flush the Haldex AWD system, fix the hood sensor and then planning on going through other fluid conditions myself. I'm loving the comfy interior and also the space inside.
View attachment 171949
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome, not sure where in AZ you are but we had monthly meet ups in Phoenix and Tucson and like a lot of things right now they have been put on hold. If/when things start to get back to normal keep and eye out in the Meetups link for more info.

xc70az

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
M
Welcome, not sure where in AZ you are but we had monthly meet ups in Phoenix and Tucson and like a lot of things right now they have been put on hold. If/when things start to get back to normal keep and eye out in the Meetups link for more info.
Thank you! I'm located in Chandler and will definitely keep an eye out.