Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Hey gals and guys, I'm headed to Destin, FL for a long weekend with some friends for some beaching, kayaking, and fishing. I saw that Point Washington is right down the road from where I'm staying, does anyone here have experience in this state park? I see a few trails on the official map, but looks like mostly sand/gravel roads. I'll probably stick to those anyways since I've yet to install any decent off road tires to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Just looking for some pointers for the area!

Here's the map that I'm working off of. Looks like the local tourism office marked it up a little

Last edited:

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

So the trail system there was pretty good for novices like myself. Everything was clearly marked where vehicles weren't allowed to go and it was very well maintained. It was mostly dirt/sand with a little bit of clay, gravel, and mud. The forest around the main trails looked like new growth for about 75% of it, so you get to see pretty far out there. Some of the offshoot trails got very tight to the point I had turn back my WK2 for fear of excess pinstriping. I only did the sections between 83 and 395 due to time constraints. I completed it in my bone stock 2014 JGC with highway tires with absolutely no drama. I'll post some pictures when I get back to my computer.

Sent from my toaster using OB Talk mobile app

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Jeep's first day out! I didn't get too many photos since I was having too much fun. I definitely need to get some skid plates and more aggressive tiresIMG_20180506_195057_435.jpg20180506_085702.jpg20180506_085707.jpg20180505_064632.jpg

Reactions: AdRock

jasonjlamb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Lawrence, KS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lamb
Member #

Looks like fun! What kind of fishing did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

Looks like fun! What kind of fishing did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
We went fishing in the sound for lady fish and red fish from our kayaks. Definitely weren't trying to provide for dinner or anything, which is good cause they sure weren't biting. Kind of bummed that I left my carbon fiber paddle sitting on the boat launch and drove off with out it