Launch Member

Explorer I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Kalena
Last Name
Caravalho
Member #

Anyone from the islands on here? Particularly the Big island. I love the activity from the states! I wish we had that kind of turn out up here. Anyhow, myself and a few other tacoma owners are planning some off-road trips in the future. Wanted to reach out and see if anyone is on my island, and if so, if you're looking for an adventure! It would be great to meet other overlanders! See you on the trail!

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

@Kklena808 - Glad you made this post, as I was just about to do the same. I will be spending some time on the big island for a job in October and November, and wanted to see if we could get some of the local OB family to meet up. Even @FrankRoams will be in the area, though I don't know his schedule. Hell, I don't really know mine just yet.

Hope all works out that we can both have a day off that works with some of you guys out there. Let me know!

Reactions: Kklena808

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Super stoked to be heading out to the big island in October. I plan on being there the 9th until the 22nd. I'll be in Kona working for the first half. Would love to meet up with some locals, as @chrispartida mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kklena808

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Kalena
Last Name
Caravalho
Member #

@Kklena808 - Glad you made this post, as I was just about to do the same. I will be spending some time on the big island for a job in October and November, and wanted to see if we could get some of the local OB family to meet up. Even @FrankRoams will be in the area, though I don't know his schedule. Hell, I don't really know mine just yet.

Hope all works out that we can both have a day off that works with some of you guys out there. Let me know!

That would be awesome! Yes keep in touch! I would definitely be down to meet some new people and show you guys some of my off-roading spots

Justin Cadiz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hawaii
Member #

Anyone from the islands on here? Particularly the Big island. I love the activity from the states! I wish we had that kind of turn out up here. Anyhow, myself and a few other tacoma owners are planning some off-road trips in the future. Wanted to reach out and see if anyone is on my island, and if so, if you're looking for an adventure! It would be great to meet other overlanders! See you on the trail!
Lucky. I rather be on the Big Island than Oahu. Off road for days.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. My home is your destination.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Seems the West Region only has three dedicated thread for splitting up California so far...I think Hawaii and Nevada should have threads so locals can get quick happenings in their area without having to wear through the entire west region general thread.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Any ideas on days for the meetup. I basically free on the 21st and 22nd. Would love if we could gather on Saturday or Sunday AM. I fly out Sunday night.

Kklena808

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Kalena
Last Name
Caravalho
Member #

Any ideas on days for the meetup. I basically free on the 21st and 22nd. Would love if we could gather on Saturday or Sunday AM. I fly out Sunday night.
I work on Sunday unfortunately, but Saturday would be good. Anything in mind?

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
No ideas, hoping we can gather a few folks and hang out, grab some food? A trail run would be awesome but not sure what I will have as a rental.

@chrispartida, do you have any ideas?

Kklena808

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Kalena
Last Name
Caravalho
Member #

Just messaged a few of my friends about it, hopefully they will all be able to meet up. And if we do off-road i am sure you guys can jump in with one of us.

Reactions: FrankRoams

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

I arrive back onto the island on Monday. I'll try to aim for having Saturday the 21st as a day off, hopefully I can make that work.

Frank, what side of the island are you staying on? I am on the Hilo side, but Kona is only 90min away.

As far as what to do, would love to know what the locals think would work best.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I arrive back onto the island on Monday. I'll try to aim for having Saturday the 21st as a day off, hopefully I can make that work.

Frank, what side of the island are you staying on? I am on the Hilo side, but Kona is only 90min away.

As far as what to do, would love to know what the locals think would work best.
I am in Kona at the (King Kam) Marriott the first week. then the week of the 16th I go south to Sheraton at Keauhou Bay. Agreed, Locals choice!

Kklena808

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Kalena
Last Name
Caravalho
Member #

If you guys wanna hit up the other guys on Instagram here’s some, (if you have a insta)
Taco_suprm3
Tacoma.hawaii
That_base_sr5
13lack_shadow
They were asking for your Instagram’s but I have so many followers that I can’t remember. Or maybe share your name here and I’ll add you to our group chat

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankRoams

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
If you guys wanna hit up the other guys on Instagram here’s some, (if you have a insta)
Taco_suprm3
Tacoma.hawaii
That_base_sr5
13lack_shadow
They were asking for your Instagram’s but I have so many followers that I can’t remember. Or maybe share your name here and I’ll add you to our group chat
Great idea! I am @Trucky_McTruckface my personal insta is tagged in the bio of that one too.

Jultepod

Rank 0

Traveler I

Damn this form is a little more dead than I expected it to be. Anyways! I'm gonna be moving next moth to Oahu and would really like to know a little more about the offroading scene and overland opportunities there. And yes I am tracking that ill need to get a Recon sticker before I can start wheeling. If anyone here is interested in a little more offroad stuff in Hawaii I know that the Tacomaworld stuff for Hawaii has descent amount of discussion.

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Hilo High grad here...from a long time ago. On the mainland now. Used to camp/surf at Waipi'o valley in the early '80s. Lots of Mauna Kea time hunting back then. Good times.