Have you heard of the Imogene Pass trail ?

• HTML tutorial

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Imogene is a beautiful drive.

I first did Imogene pass in 2000 on an old ATV. In 2005 I took my freshly lifted Jeep TJ to the top as my first experience driving a Jeep on a Colorado Jeep Trail. I was feeling rather proud as I rounded the corner can caught a glimpse of the top of the pass. It was at the point when I noticed a bone stock Dodge Grand Caravan coming down from the top of the pass. After that experience I've started calling most of those passes what they really are, county roads :sunglasses:

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Have you heard of the Imogene Pass trail in the SanJuan Mountains near Ouray Colorado? Most likely you have, it's one of the iconic trails many people have on their offroading bucketlist.

Here's a short glimpse at what you can experience on this trail:

Love your videos! I'm heading to Colorado in a couple of weeks to ride the COBDR (North to South). Imogene is not on our route, but I'm still watching all the videos I can to know what to expect.

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Love your videos! I'm heading to Colorado in a couple of weeks to ride the COBDR (North to South). Imogene is not on our route, but I'm still watching all the videos I can to know what to expect.
Thanks for watching our videos! You'll enjoy the COBDR. We did it last year from Cortez to Buena Vista. You can take the Imogene Trail from Telluride over to HWY 550 instead of Ophir Pass is you want.

Reactions: cgranier

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Thanks for watching our videos! You'll enjoy the COBDR. We did it last year from Cortez to Buena Vista. You can take the Imogene Trail from Telluride over to HWY 550 instead of Ophir Pass is you want.
Thanks. Will consider that as an alternate route. I'll be supporting a bunch of motorbikers.