Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

Added a fridge and decided to bring a skottle aboard, so now there's a fight for space. Just love biscuits and my dog does to, so I did some testing and and got them pretty good now.

But then there is still the space and utensils issue ... Saw a drop down somewhere using coffee table hinges but I wanted a slide and pull out so here is what came out.

Drops down then pulls back for access, the pushes forward and lifts up and latches on each side. It is 16" X 36"

Kaisen foam will be cut out for the utinsels and a foam rim will seal it against the roof.

Spices and S&P will sit to the left. Finished foam mounted to the board of course.

IMG_9904.JPGIMG_9905.JPGIMG_9906.JPGIMG_9978.JPG

Sinocai

Rank IV

Member III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Iaconis
Member #

Added a fridge and decided to bring a skottle aboard, so now there's a fight for space. Just love biscuits and my dog does to, so I did some testing and and got them pretty good now.

But then there is still the space and utensils issue ... Saw a drop down somewhere using coffee table hinges but I wanted a slide and pull out so here is what came out.

Drops down then pulls back for access, the pushes forward and lifts up and latches on each side. It is 16" X 36"

Kaisen foam will be cut out for the utinsels and a foam rim will seal it against the roof.

Spices and S&P will sit to the left. Finished foam mounted to the board of course.

View attachment 169874View attachment 169875View attachment 169876View attachment 169877
Thats funny I was just chatting about skottle....how do you like it?

Reactions: Things

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

Expensive, good quality, about $450 with hood, wire rack and wind screen. Had a restaurant for years so I do like to cook. For a solo guy and a dog its big, but when out with friends its really awesome. Marco at OverlndX is awesome, he feeds a big crew though.

jmorin41

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canoga Park, CA 91303
First Name
James
Last Name
Morin
Member #

I've always used the Coleman two burner, but I've been drooling over a Skottle. Its posts like this that make me want to pull the trigger!

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Love the setup in the back of your rig. and those biscuits...

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

Works well, I think it is large for a guy and his dog. In a group in is awesome, just did Black Bear Pass and the surrounding areas and worked great at 11,000 ft.

Reactions: Sinocai

Sinocai

Rank IV

Member III

London, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Iaconis
Member #

Works well, I think it is large for a guy and his dog. In a group in is awesome, just did Black Bear Pass and the surrounding areas and worked great at 11,000 ft.
Ya just the wife and I right now but would be nice to have one available for cooking in a group setting!

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
My wife and I bought one last year and have loved it from the first use! YES! It's expensive..too expensive, but between the ease of clean up and the loss of a lot of pots and pans and other utensils, the time and weight and ease of use made it a good purchase for us. We've even made sweet rolls on the thing! LOL

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I think with Skottle you are paying for the name... if you want to save some money check out www.southwestdisk.com
Nice stuff for sure. $99 for burner, $70 for the 22' disc, and $35 for cover = $204 vs. $375 for the TemboTusk, as an example, is $171 difference and that's with a cover, otherwise a $206 difference! Booking marking their site. Thanks!

DallasTRDPro

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Dallas
Expensive, good quality, about $450 with hood, wire rack and wind screen. Had a restaurant for years so I do like to cook. For a solo guy and a dog its big, but when out with friends its really awesome. Marco at OverlndX is awesome, he feeds a big crew though.
I know they make an Adventure skottle that is much smaller. I go back and forth between the two.

Last edited:

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I just ordered a Southwest Disk and Burner, only had the 22” in stock and no bags, but I may end up sourcing a Cymbal bag!

Reactions: Olaf Overland

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I wanted to try one, but didn’t like the price, so I made one. I had an 18” disc already, and bought a pair of 00 horse shoes. I welded a plug into the axle hole, then ran the whole thing through an electrolysis tank to clean the rust up. It works like a champ. I use a cheap wok ring to sit it on camp stove.

Attachments

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

Still looking for the right table to fit my kit so in the mean time I made a couple "Skottle support racks" They can hold or hang on as needed to I do not have to use my pull out. My cutting board also fits on them.IMG_1200.jpg

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I bought a Skottle for the road and a Southwest Disc for home use. Love them both!

I did pick this up at Walmart on Clearance for $10 though! Was a deal I couldn’t pass up, should work great with the Skottle!

Attachments