Has anyone driven the road to Burnside Lake in Hope Valley Recently?

• HTML tutorial

Overland Rich

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA
Member #

Has anyone driven the road to Burnside lake in hope Valley off of 89 recently? I have not been out there in 10 years. The last time I drove it, it was pretty mellow and would definitely be a kid friendly trail to drive on but I don’t know what condition it’s in now. I’d like to take my son up there but I’d like to hear from somebody who’s been on it recently how it looks before I go in blind.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
I've been eyeballing that road for some time now, especially when driving by it several times this summer. It looks like there is a spur to the top of Hawkins Peak that could be interesting. If you do check it out, or get information about the current status, please let us know.

If you are looking for a mellow trail in that area one option is to explore the Indian Valley area which can be accessed off of Blue Lakes Road just west of Burnside Lake Road. Alternatively you can enter on Forestdale Road, but that is a bit more tricky and has an off camber section.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Crater lake is an easy run also.

Overland Rich

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA
Member #

Crater lake is an easy run also.
Where is the crater lake trail? I noticed there isn't much trail info up on the member map, I was hoping for more detailed trail markings, ratings and write ups on the map for trip planning. It would be great for us all to start writing up the ones we know and have done on the map and adding seasonal updates to them, or is there another place here where that is done? I am new so I'm still learning where everything is :-)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Where is the crater lake trail? I noticed there isn't much trail info up on the member map, I was hoping for more detailed trail markings, ratings and write ups on the map for trip planning. It would be great for us all to start writing up the ones we know and have done on the map and adding seasonal updates to them, or is there another place here where that is done? I am new so I'm still learning where everything is :-)
\
You are right we do need to get members to post more trails. I think I will work on that. I will message you the GPS coordinates for the lake.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Q. have I invited you to the Sierra Foothills Overlanders Meet-up?