Hannibal Roof Top Tents in North America

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Hannibal tents in North America, particularly in wet/cold regions. I am in Canada so I deal with a lot of rain and snow. I have heard good things about the quality associated with Hannibal tents. However, since they were originally developed in South Africa I was wondering if they would have a problem with mold and leaking in wet environments. So if anyone has any thoughts, inputs, experience, suggestions or whatever, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, since I can't seem to find a dealer/supplier out this way, If anyone has any experience with their customer service I'd like to hear about that as well.

Thank you in advance!

rlhydn

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Hannibal in Australia are made in QLD Australia, the canvas is Australian made. Mould and moisture proofed ‘Dynaproof’ Wax Converters textiles canvas. (Google the canvas brand)
Once seasoned to swell the stitched seams, you shouldn’t have any leaks, it’s against the premise of canvas textile properties. Condensation may accumulate on the inside if the ventilation isn’t sufficient - but that is very subjective to the conditions.

I don’t own one, but I have two Hannibal awnings. The 11year old one has just recently lost its ‘proof’ after 11 years hard labor in the Australian conditions, and now leaks in heavy rain. I will re-proof it soon.