Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
While searching for a mount for my Kenwood TM-V71A for my other vehicle, I discovered this site - Lido Radio Products No Holes Mounting Solutions They have a bunch of mounting solutions for mobile, handheld, and smartphones. Prices are not outrageous either.

Note - I do not work for them lol. Just sharing with the wealth.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Those are awesome... I might need to look deeper into the 22” seat mount for Icom IC-7100... $39.00 isn’t a bad price for a mount...

wish they had a laptop mount.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Those are awesome... I might need to look deeper into the 22” seat mount for Icom IC-7100... $39.00 isn’t a bad price for a mount...

wish they had a laptop mount.
Yup wish I found this site a couple of days sooner. Would have saved me from drilling a hole on my dash lol.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I still need to drill holes in my dash... maybe... I have my Yaesu FT-2900 to mount yet... I like where I have it sitting now, but.... it’s going to be in the way of my 5 speed.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I still need to drill holes in my dash... maybe... I have my Yaesu FT-2900 to mount yet... I like where I have it sitting now, but.... it’s going to be in the way of my 5 speed.
Hopefully you'll find a more convenient solution on the site. I picked up a CD mount for the face plate of my Kenwood TM-V71 for my other vehicle. Hopefully it won't interfere with any critical functions like stereo, air conditioner buttons, etc...

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hopefully you'll find a more convenient solution on the site. I picked up a CD mount for the face plate of my Kenwood TM-V71 for my other vehicle. Hopefully it won't interfere with any critical functions like stereo, air conditioner buttons, etc...
There isn’t a more convenient mount for the 2900... it’s about the size of a Cobra LTD 25 Classic... no removable face plate... I’m still torn about mounting it permanently... I think it’s coming back into my shack for working packet radio on 2 meter... I will get the mounting solution for it figured out once I get my transmission in... I have a few ideas, and with some creativity might also offer a solution for my laptop as well.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I've seen mixed reviews on them. No matter how much ingenuity companies seem to apply it's hard to beat a hard mounted mount.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I ordered the CD mount for my Kenwood face plate. We'll see how it works...

educky

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bonney Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Morehead
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7RTO
I ordered the CD mount for my Kenwood face plate. We'll see how it works...
I have the CD mount for my Icom, it's actually pretty secure, some bounce though thats negative, and I had to turn my mount upsidedown based on the locking tab since my radio shape interfered, but didnt cause any issue. Other than the bounce that thing is holding on.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I have the CD mount for my Icom, it's actually pretty secure, some bounce though thats negative, and I had to turn my mount upsidedown based on the locking tab since my radio shape interfered, but didnt cause any issue. Other than the bounce that thing is holding on.
Awesome good to know. Just hope it works for my configuration/setup in the vehicle it’s going into.

Reactions: educky

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I just ordered the LM-300 phone and tablet mounts for my wife’s 4Runner... if I like them enough, I might get them for the Bronco as well.
will report back after I receive them and put them in @KRose 4Runner.

Reactions: Downs and RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I just ordered the LM-300 phone and tablet mounts for my wife’s 4Runner... if I like them enough, I might get them for the Bronco as well.
will report back after I receive them and put them in @KRose 4Runner.
I got my LM-200 CD Mount for my Kenwood TM-V71. Fit perfectly as I had hoped. I did have to make holes in the faceplate mount and it did not interfere with the backing of the plate. Whew!

IMG_4838.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I like that one... how firmly does it hold your faceplate? Talking with the wife and we might get that one as well for my Icom IC-7100.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I like that one... how firmly does it hold your faceplate? Talking with the wife and we might get that one as well for my Icom IC-7100.
Since it’s on my daily driver which is just driven on the street/highway, it is firm. No rattle. You can hand turn the mount that holds the faceplate by hand. So tighter you twist the firmer the position will hold.

Reactions: M Rose

Greg Rich

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Talent, Oregon
First Name
Gregory
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7KAI
While searching for a mount for my Kenwood TM-V71A for my other vehicle, I discovered this site - Lido Radio Products No Holes Mounting Solutions They have a bunch of mounting solutions for mobile, handheld, and smartphones. Prices are not outrageous either.

Note - I do not work for them lol. Just sharing with the wealth.
Thank you for sharing this! I have been searching the web lately for mount options for my HT and my DeLorme InReach and not having any luck. These are the mounts I've been looking for.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thank you for sharing this! I have been searching the web lately for mount options for my HT and my DeLorme InReach and not having any luck. These are the mounts I've been looking for.
Glad to have helped!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So just got back from my first real trip with the Lido Mounts... We tested out several models in my wife’s 4Runner.
The LM-200 CD mount sucks... I used it for my iPhone XR and it made it a 1/4 mile up the FS road before it fell out.... after about a dozen times of it vibrating out of the CD slot I threw it in the jockey box.
The LM-300 worked flawlessly for my iPad Pro. It held solid for the whole trip, the only complaint I have with it is that it sits to low and blocks the cup holders and the climate control buttons on the dash. I am going to talk with Lary and see if he can’t help come up with a better solution for that... but other than that @KRose and I really love them and I have more to install in the Bronco in the next few weeks.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
So just got back from my first real trip with the Lido Mounts... We tested out several models in my wife’s 4Runner.
The LM-200 CD mount sucks... I used it for my iPhone XR and it made it a 1/4 mile up the FS road before it fell out.... after about a dozen times of it vibrating out of the CD slot I threw it in the jockey box.
The LM-300 worked flawlessly for my iPad Pro. It held solid for the whole trip, the only complaint I have with it is that it sits to low and blocks the cup holders and the climate control buttons on the dash. I am going to talk with Lary and see if he can’t help come up with a better solution for that... but other than that @KRose and I really love them and I have more to install in the Bronco in the next few weeks.
Glad at least one of the mounts worked for you. I'm still good with the CD mount I got from them. For my setup it works great and not majorly in the way of any controls that I can't maneuver around.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Glad at least one of the mounts worked for you. I'm still good with the CD mount I got from them. For my setup it works great and not majorly in the way of any controls that I can't maneuver around.
The only complaint with the cd mount is that it doesn’t lock into the cd slot when off-road.... other than that... running around town it’s great.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I am familiar with the Lido name as their seat bolt mount is popular.
Just perusing their website I think I found a solution to mounting my Kenwood TS-480 control head.
The control head is big and I don't like to always keep it mounted so I wanted something that was fairly quick to release.
I am currently using a Ram mount X-grip and the control head is just too heavy and the X-grip rotates, it worked fine for a phone but this isn't it's calling.
But it looks like I may be able to use the Lido ball mount dual-T plate with my current Ram mount arm and as long as I can get the Female dual-T plate mounted to the back of control head it should work well.
1596833485621.png