Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I'd like to get my technician license and install a HAM in the Ranger. I am not great with online learning, so I would prefer in person classes. Does anyone know of a cram session in the Denver Metro where I can take the class and test all in one day?

Thanks!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

Still looking for any information on real training for the HAM tech license? Everything I have found online is answering questions, but not actual study guides.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Still looking for any information on real training for the HAM tech license? Everything I have found online is answering questions, but not actual study guides.
I got mine using the Hamstudy.org ( HamStudy.org: Technician class Ham Radio practice tests, ham radio flash cards, and ham radio question pool. ) Online study guide. Yes it is basically drilling the questions over and over till you get them down.
Added Background info with Hamradio 2.0 () and Ham Radio Crash Course on Youtube. The current issue is that as of today the Technician test questions just changed so the videos that I used to get mine may cover info that has changed on the current test.

In the Denver Area the Patriot VE team does free tests. ( Home - ) They have a page that notes any upcoming ham cram classes that are on offer. ( Classes & Study Resources - )

Regards,
Boort

Reactions: 5280Ranger

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I got mine using the Hamstudy.org ( HamStudy.org: Technician class Ham Radio practice tests, ham radio flash cards, and ham radio question pool. ) Online study guide. Yes it is basically drilling the questions over and over till you get them down.
Added Background info with Hamradio 2.0 () and Ham Radio Crash Course on Youtube. The current issue is that as of today the Technician test questions just changed so the videos that I used to get mine may cover info that has changed on the current test.

In the Denver Area the Patriot VE team does free tests. ( Home - ) They have a page that notes any upcoming ham cram classes that are on offer. ( Classes & Study Resources - )

Regards,
Boort

Thanks! I’ll check them out when I get back from this trip.