Greetings, New to OB NW, old to NW

• HTML tutorial

Vashcloud

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello Overland Bound community!

My name is Richard, and I have been into Overlanding for years. But watching the Xoverland videos is what got my butt into gear, aka to stop letting time go by. I am a huge automotive enthusiast and UTI grad. BMW, Mazda, Nissan certified. I ran a shop for a few years, which I do still own but don't do anything with, called Tuner Alliance. I shifted into the overland scene from performance cars because one, its just more fun.... and two, better people.

My favorite rig is Monteros, ive had 5 of them, shells and runners combined. My current rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero with winter package *lockers heated seats etc* and a 2017 Chevy ZR2 2.8 duramax diesel that I rent out to people on turo app
I am located in Seattle and mostly have interacted with the local group here called Northwest overland. I also run a small informal group called "Overlanders Pit stop:NW which is meant to complement NW overland, where as they are more expedition focus, my FB group is more goof off and help BS or hit day trips ASAP instead of planned out.

As far as overland experience I have driven the US 6 times across. I have also driven across Iraq and Afghanistan in the army. As well as Cambodia and Japan.

I have recovered huge strykers when we got stuck, but Ill be honest my practice on civilian vehicle's is limited, so I am always eager to learn more.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of forums to me, they are dated to the 90's. I prefer FB/google/other instant msg groups. Probably cause I'm addicted to on-demand instant gratification. Either way, decided to post up so I can meet more overlanders. See ya out there.

Reactions: Steve

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Welcome. There will be several folks meeting at ARB December 9th from 8-12. I won't be there, but I would like to do a snow run in the near future. I'm gonna go find this FB page of yours so I can post up when I'm going.