Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Panza
Member #

New member from Orlando, here! Wanted to introduce myself and get started on the forums here.

Born and raised Florida native (34 years), would consider myself a fairly experienced outdoorsman as I've been enjoying outdoor activities for my entire life, from Florida's waterways to California's mountains, and adventures abroad from Canada to Hawaii to Mexico.

I'm a gearhead and motorsports nut and have only ever had sports cars (a VW GTI, and two BMW M3s - one of which I still have), but I FINALLY picked up my first offroad capable vehicle a few months ago, a 2017 Jeep Renegade 4x4, and am enjoying finally being able to explore the outdoors without relying 100% on other people for transportation.

I'm pausing international travel for a while to see the U.S. in a way I've never experienced before: pure vehicle based adventure! To that effect, I'm joining communities like this one and working on some fundamental prep items to get my Renegade to a point where it is reliable and capable enough for the adventures I want to go on. I'm a form-follows-function guy, so nearly 100% of things I do to this Jeep will be driven more by necessity than desire.

Looking forward to learning here and hopefully meeting some members from the Southeast and more!

RTT_hammock.jpeg

Reactions: Chadlyb

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Welcome aboard!

I think you’ll find Overland Bound to be one of the most supportive groups out there!

I’m in the Tampa Bay Area, so maybe we’ll cross paths when the family and I come to Disney!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: florida_trailhawk

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

New member from Orlando, here! Wanted to introduce myself and get started on the forums here.

Born and raised Florida native (34 years), would consider myself a fairly experienced outdoorsman as I've been enjoying outdoor activities for my entire life, from Florida's waterways to California's mountains, and adventures abroad from Canada to Hawaii to Mexico.

I'm a gearhead and motorsports nut and have only ever had sports cars (a VW GTI, and two BMW M3s - one of which I still have), but I FINALLY picked up my first offroad capable vehicle a few months ago, a 2017 Jeep Renegade 4x4, and am enjoying finally being able to explore the outdoors without relying 100% on other people for transportation.

I'm pausing international travel for a while to see the U.S. in a way I've never experienced before: pure vehicle based adventure! To that effect, I'm joining communities like this one and working on some fundamental prep items to get my Renegade to a point where it is reliable and capable enough for the adventures I want to go on. I'm a form-follows-function guy, so nearly 100% of things I do to this Jeep will be driven more by necessity than desire.

Looking forward to learning here and hopefully meeting some members from the Southeast and more!

View attachment 49523
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...good looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Mega4x4

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milton, GA
Member #

View attachment 49523
Welcome! I am new here as well, also in the Orlando area (Debary/Sanford).

florida_trailhawk

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orlando, FL
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Panza
Member #

Welcome aboard!

I think you’ll find Overland Bound to be one of the most supportive groups out there!

I’m in the Tampa Bay Area, so maybe we’ll cross paths when the family and I come to Disney!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
@AventureWithDanan @Mega4x4 great to see folks close by! One of the main reasons I joined here is to meet others in Florida that are interested in these types of activities. I have a lot of friends that love outdoor stuff but most of them aren't really interested in offroading or more primitive outdoors things.

Reactions: Mega4x4

Shaun Huth

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Edmonton, Alberta
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Huth
Member #

Welcome!

After seeing what Dirt Everyday and Wayalife (both on Youtube) did with that Renegade, I've been pretty impressed with them. A capable yet compact package.

Happy exploring!