Greetings all!!

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

No clue about any of this, no experience whatsoever but ready to take what I know I'll learn from here and apply it to my many new, exciting, fun and amazing adventures!
I might not have posted this correctly my bad if this isn't the newbie section..
Posted perfect......Hello and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. There's tons of great info and members here. If you need anything please don't be afraid to reach out to any of us. Welcome to the Family.

Reactions: MazeVX and jTadeo

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
L
Posted perfect......Hello and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. There's tons of great info and members here. If you need anything please don't be afraid to reach out to any of us. Welcome to the Family.
Looks like you are off to a great start. Welcome from West Texas!

Reactions: jTadeo and Chadlyb

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

No clue about any of this, no experience whatsoever but ready to take what I know I'll learn from here and apply it to my many new, exciting, fun and amazing adventures!
I might not have posted this correctly my bad if this isn't the newbie section..
Welcome @jTadeo ! You really have joined a great community of people. Overlandbound has members from all experience levels, and everyone is just as nice and helpful.

Reactions: jTadeo

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome from Washington! I'm to this whole thing also. Don't worry, it catches on pretty quick.

Cheers!
Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: jTadeo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Start small and let your gear evolve by your need not by what others are using . People can grt overwhelmed trying to fully "overland" outfit their rig with items they may never need and end up spending more time preparing to get out then actually getting out .
just worry about the basics
*let someone know where your going
*have a spare or a way to repair a tire
*even if it's a day trip bring the essentials for a overnight stay
*enjoy the journey and don't focus on the destination and rush past everything .
* share your travels so we can also enjoy your travels

Eric Neal

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Atlanta, GA
Member #

Welcome to the fun. I completely agree with Smileyshaun! In fact his 5 bullet points are excellent guide stones for all of us.

just worry about the basics
*let someone know where your going
*have a spare or a way to repair a tire
*even if it's a day trip bring the essentials for a overnight stay
*enjoy the journey and don't focus on the destination and rush past everything .
* share your travels so we can also enjoy your travels