Greater Treasure Valley (Idaho) Meet Up - 01/04/18

• HTML tutorial

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

I've seen some talk around the forums for a meet up for southern Idaho / Treasure Valley but no dates.

So I thought I would take the plunge and set one up for after the holidays.

So here goes:

Date: Thursday, January 4, 2018.
Time: 1900 hrs
Place: Payette Brewery on River St (733 S Pioneer St, Boise, ID 83702)

I have no idea how that date, time, place works for everyone but I hope it does for a start. We can work on days of the week, times and locations around the valley for future meet ups so we can spread the travel around a bit.

Payette doesn't serve food, but usually has good food trucks. They are super dog friendly and have large tables for meetings. Thursdays are usually a bit slower than other days of the week, so hopefully that works out.

RSVP in this thread below.

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

Darn! I would really like to make this but I work Thursday nights. Will have to catch the next one!
Bummer. I work shift work with bad days off, as far as the rest of the world goes.

Maybe enough people can show up on 1-4 to figure out how to rotate meet up days of the week. I just picked Thursday as it's one of my days off. We'll see who/how many show up and we can switch days next time as we find a happy medium.

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

Bummer. I work shift work with bad days off, as far as the rest of the world goes.

Maybe enough people can show up on 1-4 to figure out how to rotate meet up days of the week. I just picked Thursday as it's one of my days off. We'll see who/how many show up and we can switch days next time as we find a happy medium.
Ya I hear ya. I work nights on the second half of the week so I have a weird schedule too. If there is enough interest though I may try to get the 4th off. Would be cool to meet some local OB members.

Reactions: stevenboise

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

I got the day off, so I will be there!

Should we add to rally point? https://www.overlandbound.com/create-rally-point/
I thought Rally Point was for trail runs and such. I looked around a bit before posting as I thought the same thing.

I could be wrong and if Rally Point is more appropriate, I don’t have any issues with getting the word out.

The Three Rules for Mountaineering

1 - Look Good
2 - Act Cool
3 - Safety Third

OB Talk

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

I thought Rally Point was for trail runs and such. I looked around a bit before posting as I thought the same thing.

I could be wrong and if Rally Point is more appropriate, I don’t have any issues with getting the word out.

The Three Rules for Mountaineering

1 - Look Good
2 - Act Cool
3 - Safety Third

OB Talk
I see a lot of meetups listed on there. They are the red icons on the map:
https://www.overlandbound.com/map/

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/

You mind if I add it?

Reactions: stevenboise

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

Ugh, crapola, I would love to make it out, but pretty sure I'm not going too. I have to much to take care of still tonight. I just finished launching a website for an event we host, still gotta work out, haven't eaten, blah blah blah. Sorry guys. I swear I'm a real person.

Count me in, plus 5 others.
How was the trip man?

stevenboise

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
Member #

Thanks for setting up the event @stevenboise as it was great to meet other locals!
Thanks for the kind words. It was great to see so many people show up.

It was funny to realize that some of us had already met before but didn’t realize it! I thought that was pretty funny. Someone mentioned the Treasure Valley’s “3 degrees of separation” and I think that’s pretty accurate (it was pretty funny too).

The three rules of mountaineering:

1 - Look good
2 - Act cool
3 - Safety third

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: IdahoDan