Greaslif's 2013 F150

• HTML tutorial

Greaslife

Rank 0

Traveler I

So what I have is a bone stock F150 4x4. Most of the stuff going on this rig will be built by me. I have an addiction to working with metal. I come from desert racing and prerunners. Im wanting to slow down with this truck .
My current plan was to do a mid travel front end or swap out my stock stuff for Raptor take offs. Is there an easier way really want to keep it simple . I know about 2" leveling kits but how do they work in real world conditions?
Any input or your experience would greatly be appreciated. I tend to over build and over think my builds. Thanks in advance for your time and help with this.
Hope to see you in the dirt.IMG_20190216_203530_355.jpeg

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I have a 2012 that's pretty well built. Check out my thread or you can also search "overland f150" on thr web and it should pull up. BTW been running a coil spacer up front for 60k miles with no issues

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

So what I have is a bone stock F150 4x4. Most of the stuff going on this rig will be built by me. I have an addiction to working with metal. I come from desert racing and prerunners. Im wanting to slow down with this truck .
My current plan was to do a mid travel front end or swap out my stock stuff for Raptor take offs. Is there an easier way really want to keep it simple . I know about 2" leveling kits but how do they work in real world conditions?
Any input or your experience would greatly be appreciated. I tend to over build and over think my builds. Thanks in advance for your time and help with this.
Hope to see you in the dirt.View attachment 89478
Greaslife, first of all welcome to Overland Bound from Missouri! Second, if you’re wanting to slow down with this rig, Raptor suspension may be overkill, but the truck is what you want it to be. Not saying it’s a bad thing. Stage3 Motorsports has a lot of F150 builds with different suspension set ups. Would look at those first maybe. It also depends on whether you want to tackle highway, fire roads, gravel, back country, etc. As you probably know with desert racing you tune for what your doing. Overlanding is a little of everything most of the time being highway to get to where your going. Good luck and keep us posted with a lot of pics. Again, welcome aboard!

Reactions: highdesert_overland

Jackson1881

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Jacckson
I too just started my build and would love to know how yours goes. Personally I went with fox 2.5 and icon delta joint UCAs for my front end. The install was straight forward and my alignment/CV angles came out close to factory with the aftermarket UCAs. I'm not saying it's the right way to go, just what worked for me.

Greaslife

Rank 0

Traveler I

I went with spacer for now. I'm looking for upper and lower stock control arms. I don't have the money to pay for someone else to do the fab work. Hope to start on a set this summer. Well see