Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Llenos
Member #

I have GAIA subscription and plan to use it with a 3rd gen iPad. I'm looking to get a good GPS receiver. I have narrowed it down to two: Garmin Glo2 or Dual XGPS160. Any input from current users of either one ? Thanks!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I have GAIA subscription and plan to use it with a 3rd gen iPad. I'm looking to get a good GPS receiver. I have narrowed it down to two: Garmin Glo2 or Dual XGPS160. Any input from current users of either one ? Thanks!
There is a similar thread here where several folks said they were very happy with the Glo line.

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
I know there is discussion on the other thread, but thought I'd give my $0.02. I have the older version of the Dual (XPS150). I must say that it has worked very well in a nearly decade of use. It was not terribly expensive and I have not any any issues with it. It works with both Android and IOS systems. Good luck.

Reactions: SG MD

SG MD

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Llenos
Member #

I know there is discussion on the other thread, but thought I'd give my $0.02. I have the older version of the Dual (XPS150). I must say that it has worked very well in a nearly decade of use. It was not terribly expensive and I have not any any issues with it. It works with both Android and IOS systems. Good luck.
Thanks for the input! What app do you use, if you don't mind?