GovX "Wilderness Sale" until 4/25 11:59PT

• HTML tutorial

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Just a heads-up for you folks with GovX access. They're having a "Wilderness Sale" until 4/25 if you need to pick up miscellaneous camp gear (bags, pads, knives, etc.). Nothing really stuck out too much at me but YMMV.

Mods: If this thread is inappropriate or violates the rules feel free to delete.

Reactions: Andy G

Hans Sommer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arroyo Grande CA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

What's GovX? is it left over government gear from the different services branches? where & how to look at the stuff they're getting rid of.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

What's GovX? is it left over government gear from the different services branches? where & how to look at the stuff they're getting rid of.
Wikipedia said:
GovX is an American internet retailer for current and former members of the US Armed Forces, law enforcement, firefighting, emergency medical services, and related government agencies.
http://www.govx.com

No it's not surplus stuff. Pretty much the same brands you can get from any sporting goods website or store albeit with a usually small (like 10-15% discount) for the above personnel. Occasionally though they'll do events/sales that can yield some pretty good discounts.