GoPro help

• HTML tutorial

steve_birdsall

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tacoma Washington
Member #

I would like to get some advice on what to do about buying a GoPro. I'm leaving in 10 days on a long trip, fishing, camping, overlanding and driving and would like to have a GoPro. Found a GoPro 4 black, Camara only $283. Can I expect it to work with ram mounts? I'm thinking dash cam and also a headband for fishing, that or a ram mount on kayak.
Your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-S906L using OB Talk mobile app

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

There are a lot of mounts for the GoPro. You need a case for the body of the camera and then pick the mount you want to attach to the RAM. You can use a suction cup mount and that will probably use the 14"-20 thread which is standard size.

Reactions: steve_birdsall

Jmod08

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Papillion, NE, USA
Member #

Just like previously stated, as long as it has the skeleton case you can attach it to almost anything. If you don't have the case they can also be purchased on amazon or best buy ( its been 3 years since I lived in the US so take that with a grain of salt).

Another thing to keep in mind is for an extended trip, do you have the SD storage and batteries to last as long as you want. I usually take 2 64G micro SD cards on long trips, just in case the card becomes full before I can get out my laptop and swap the footage to the hard drive. As for batteries I usually carry all four that I have, this is due to the fact that in 2.7k @ 60FPS you may get about 2-3 hours of life (less if wifi is enabled).

Enjoy the trip!