Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Not even on a fun trip. Just went to the compost site in my city. Tried turning around in too small of a spot, slid down a wet hill, and bam. The camera flattens it out a bit, that was a drainage ditch that was probably 6' deep on a decent angle. Stuffed some branches and brush under the tires, still wound up needing a bump from my father in law with a rope. The worst part was the 15 guys in trucks that wouldn't give me the extra bump I needed to get out. Realistically a small sedan would have had enough juice to get me moving. This situation is the reason I want maxtrax, just wish my budget would listen to reason.

IMG_4331.JPG IMG_4332.JPG

Reactions: Road

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, AZ
El Camino del Diablo along the AZ/ Mexico border. The desert isn't always dry (or forgiving). The disturbed area ahead was where I extracted myself using the winch and MaxTrax.

P1040989.JPG

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Tried to drive through a washed out road that had a small wet spot , it turned into a bigger wetspot and took my bumper with it .IMG_3513.JPG IMG_4105.JPG

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

That looks bad. Were you able to recover?

Yes a quick yank with a strap and I was out . I could actually drive back and forth about 5 feet but my rear different was hitting in reverse and obviously the front bumper was giving some resistance going forward . The bumpers are only held on with a couple screws and clips so that's why it popped off so easy