SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Please excuse the noob in me- I will try to keep this short.

I am 99.99% sure a Gobi Stealth Rack can fit on my '16 4runner, but will it accommodate a Tepui Tent?

Are there any rear bumpers for my vehicle that can hold a dirt bike? I wont be riding anything huge, somewhere between a 70 and 90 so I might even throw it in the back, but I will have an ARB fridge in there soon so I am looking for alternative ideas. Would a small trailer be best?

Matt

Sent from my SM-J320V using OB Talk mobile app

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
Hi Matt,

Short answer: Gobi Stealth Racks will fit the tent. Granted, I use my Gobi Stealth on a JK but according to Gobi's website, the JK rack is 54 inches wide where the Toyota's is 45 inches wide. I'll explain how the tent mounts so you'll understand my confidence.

The way RTTs mount is with special 'tracks' that mount across the whole underside of the tent (Photo Credit: Tepui)

Photo Credit: Exped Portal

These tracks can be mounted in either direction (across the tent or along it) and they hold aluminum brackets captive. The brackets can slide in and out to accommodate any roof rack that is at least XX inches wide. Since the Kukenam fits on my 54" Gobi, there's no reason it won't fit on your 45" Gobi, as you can just slide the brackets closer together. The brackets then tighten down like a clamp onto the bar rails, like this:

Photo Credit - Tough Stuff

As for your dirt bike, I don't know of any special bumpers but I have seen these and I know people who have had success with them, but it depends on the weight of your bike; as the name implies these socket into your car's receiver hitch.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hitch-mount-motorcycle-carrier-with-ramp-0408097p.html?cid=KWGoogle_Eclipse_DSA+-+All+Products&gclid=Cj0KEQjw4cLKBRCZmNTvyovvj-4BEiQAl_sgQtjUI_o2oauYVlm0W-ayiGVwYMxPhIWEkUnACFm26F8aAjPP8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMzCkPKo3NQCFYtkfgod1zsDCA

kashoggio

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

There
Yes it will fit on the Gobi with out a question. I haven't seen anything for the runner to haul a dirt bike , my best guess would be a trailer

Reactions: SCrunner