Gobi Gen 3 Rack Jeep JKU Rubbing Roof

• HTML tutorial

UntilWeAreLost

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Los Angeles, Ca
Member #

Hey, did a search and couldn't find anything that mentioned this. I installed my Gobi Rack on my JKU yesterday and the back arm which supports the rear of my rack rubs my hard top and causes an unbearable squeaking noise. I can only imagine what it has done to the paint on my way into work today.

Anyone else had this issue? I am going to try readjusting tonight to see if I can raise the rear of the rack. If not, then a firm piece of rubber till I can get a hold of a Gobi Representative. I love the rack to far except for this issue.

Ill upload pictures as soon as I can this evening.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Reactions: Zargon

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I don't own a Jeep, but I've seen the rack installed before, and I can't imagine where it could be rubbing? Regardless, Gobi is the platinum standard of customer service when it comes to their racks. I'd call them first. I'm sure they could talk you through the situation, or would send any parts you may need to fix the situation immediately.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
It's been awhile since I installed mine but I believe there is some fore-aft adjustability in how the rear bar support mounts to the rack, perhaps yours is too far forward? Also, double check the body knobs are adjusted properly to eliminate any side to side movement. I'll check back once you have pics uploaded, I didn't see in your post where specifically it's hitting the roof.