Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Do you own a Colorado, Canyon or Isuzu D-Max? From the WT trim all the way to the ZR2 Bison I want to see it!

Post a picture and a brief description.

The popularity of these midsize competitors has really blown up over the last couple years.

Let's see what you got!

I'll start, I have a 2016 GMC Canyon SLT crew cab 4x4

Have only had her for about a month and a half so she still sits bone stock.

Leveling kit, rear blocks and some Bilstein 5100 shocks have been purchased, wheels and tires to come next.20190706_101435(1)-01.jpg

Last edited:

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

you are so right! Sweet looking rig btw

*Edited
Thanks, it will look alot nicer when i get the midwest overland industries center bumper skid/hidden winch and get rid of the front tow hitch. After that i plan on fabing some rock sliders, bed tube sliders,and full underbody skid and im done modifying it.

Reactions: RJCanyon

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Thanks, it will look alot nicer when i get the midwest overland industries center bumper skid/hidden winch and get rid of the front tow hitch. After that i plan on fabing some rock sliders, bed tube sliders,and full underbody skid and im done modifying it.
I really like the midwest center bumper. looks so clean

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

I know it's not exactly the best pic but it is the latest. 2018 ZR2 Gas Midnight Edition, 285-75-R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Tyger Armor Steps, and HID's as bright as I could find cuz the stock headlights suck!IMG_20190805_170952.jpg

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
.... cuz the stock headlights suck!
I see your comment and raise you the headlights that come on a Jeep JK. Used to have to get out with a Bic lighter and check to see if they were on!

Jokes aside, I am impressed with the stock headlights but I am curious -- which HID setup did you go with? Great looking truck btw. I love the desert tan accent on the box bars.

RJCanyon

Rank V

Member III

California, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Horne
Member #

I see your comment and raise you the headlights that come on a Jeep JK. Used to have to get out with a Bic lighter and check to see if they were on!

Jokes aside, I am impressed with the stock headlights but I am curious -- which HID setup did you go with? Great looking truck btw. I love the desert tan accent on the box bars.
I also felt the stock headlights in my canyon were a bit underwhelming. I upgraded mine with the OPT7 LED kit and it is a massive upgrade over stock.

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@RJCanyon Thanks!
@ChasingOurTrunks The stock lights were so bad crappy street lights were brighter and made it look like the headlights weren't even on. Cars headlights behind me were brighter. I went with these: 55w 5000 Lumens and they are bright. Brighter than the LED's on the sport bar. Just need to get something for high beams now. I got these before there were other good LED options. Thinking Diode Dynamics LED's for the brights. The Sails on the sport bar are plastidip bronze. I had the wheels dipped too but was really unbalanced but I only did them to see how bronze wheels would look on the truck..... Now to decide between the AEV wheels or Fifteen52 Turbomac HD in Bronze.
@TexasColoRADo I like them a lot better than the factory Duratracs. I've never had KO2's so I can't do a head to head comparison but so far (3000 miles) I'd get another set without question.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@emulous74 I went back and forth for nearly a month or so before get my gas zr2. How's the diesel compare? I didn't go with the diesel because I'd want to do the tune and def delete.

TexasColoRADo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Midland, Texas, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Melendez
Member #

@RJCanyon Thanks!
@ChasingOurTrunks The stock lights were so bad crappy street lights were brighter and made it look like the headlights weren't even on. Cars headlights behind me were brighter. I went with these: 55w 5000 Lumens and they are bright. Brighter than the LED's on the sport bar. Just need to get something for high beams now. I got these before there were other good LED options. Thinking Diode Dynamics LED's for the brights. The Sails on the sport bar are plastidip bronze. I had the wheels dipped too but was really unbalanced but I only did them to see how bronze wheels would look on the truck..... Now to decide between the AEV wheels or Fifteen52 Turbomac HD in Bronze.
@TexasColoRADo I like them a lot better than the factory Duratracs. I've never had KO2's so I can't do a head to head comparison but so far (3000 miles) I'd get another set without question.
Thanks for the response! I love the way they look and it’s good to hear someone else has good experiences with them to justify buying some

Reactions: Hirvy and RJCanyon

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Thanks for the response! I love the way they look and it’s good to hear someone else has good experiences with them to justify buying some
Of the crew I normally go out with only 1 has something besides the Wildpeaks. He's got KO2's but he's also in a Jeep and the rest of us are in 4runners, Tacos, and my Colorado and we can hang with him until he takes those sharp short wheelbase turns in his TJ.