Glory - The 2016 4Runner SR5 Build

• HTML tutorial

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Here is the first picture of when I got her last year. This year is the start to everything. I have been patiently waiting to start this build and now its go time over the next few months to get her spring ready.

Look forward to the discussion and keeping you guys updated as it goes. I am not the handiest of people or the most mechanically inclined but I am going to do as much of this stuff as I can on my own. Budget and educational reasons behind that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Glenn

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Whats your plans?
@Glenn

I plan on making the rig super functionable for hunting. So storage maximization is going to be key to me. I qant to be able to butcher meat in the field and transport in coolers if I am not near home. But i need to be able to make the rig campig friendly in general for roadtrips with my better looking half and eventually my dog. RTT is out for me unless its on a trailer. I need the roof rack space. I plan on doing the gobi stealth, i want to do bumper relacements front and back. Front probably like the pelfry and the back i want the SC. Spare tire to jerry. I plan on doing some fabricating to it. One thing i will be adding which os just my own ersonal thing is a tube with a screw pin to mount a flag pole in. When i had my truck i always had the stars and stripes flying. Hence the name Glory. So it wont be any different on the rig. Right now im looking at trailer hitch pole holders just so i can. Plenty of little things around the truck to do. Blackout emblems, new tires, suspension with lift, i want to smoke out my head and taillights i think. End goal will eventually be an M101 or M416 trailer rig to pull and that will basically finish her off. Until then, Im gonna ground camp it and enjoy it!

Im sure there is more i cant think of or just little things i want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Glenn

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Nice. You got some work to do. Funny you should mention the flagpole. Was just telling my gal that I need to weld one onto my tire carrier project Im working on. I fly a small flag myself all the time but want an upgrade. Zip tying the sticks is getting old..lol
So great man...good luck with the upgrades. Look forward to seeing some pics :grinning:

Reactions: SeguineJ

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

So I am looking to begin the build this month little by little. First steps will be some cosmetic along with capability.

Suspension. Sliders. Roof rack. And I been wanting to do replacements from and rear bumpers.

Anyone interested in dropping their two cents for the runner and what they have had great success with and what to stay away from will be much appreciated. I'm by no means a huge Wrencher. This will be a learning experience itself for me.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

This has been sold, because I couldn't help it. After careful review and with what I plan on doing. I wanted to switch to a Taco.

If an Admin can delete this I would appreciate it. :D

@Glenn