Getting your Ham License in Canada

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

kiloxraysierra

Rank II

Traveler I

Kitchener, ON, Canada
Member #

Ham Callsign
VA3KXS
If you’re in Southwestern Ontario, the Kitchener-Waterloo Amateur Radio club has a beginners course starting in March and running through June. It’s mostly self-study but gives you opportunity to talk to club members and get help on various topics. Includes exam. I did it in 2018. Being part of a class helped me define a timeline to get it done and motivation to work through the material at a steady pace.

http://www.kwarc.org/kw-class.html

Reactions: Kel Schwab

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Advocate I

Placerville, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Th
If you’re in Southwestern Ontario, the Kitchener-Waterloo Amateur Radio club has a beginners course starting in March and running through June. It’s mostly self-study but gives you opportunity to talk to club members and get help on various topics. Includes exam. I did it in 2018. Being part of a class helped me define a timeline to get it done and motivation to work through the material at a steady pace.

http://www.kwarc.org/kw-class.html
Thank you, We will add this to the comms resource list.

Plasmajab

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Quinte West, Ontario, Canada
Ham Callsign
VA3IRA
Should you be in southern Ontario or passing through, PM me. I'm an accredited examiner for industry Canada. I can also do exams for people out of province but only if they come to Ontario.

No charges, PM if interested.

Reactions: Migu

kiloxraysierra

Rank II

Traveler I

Kitchener, ON, Canada
Member #

Ham Callsign
VA3KXS
I don’t know of any courses in your area, but if you go the self-study route the COAX Publications study guide along with their online exam prep tests are a great way to go.

The ISED exam generator is a good tool (Amateur radio exam generator - Amateur radio operator certificates), and there are a few iOS apps that quiz you on the exam bank questions.

ISED should have a link to examiners in your area, or one of your local clubs should be able to reconnect someone.

Best of luck!

Reactions: lemaycanique