Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
I’ve gotten 26 emails in the last hour and a half...
question... I see people post on Instagram and it posts as ‘Overland Bound’ and the rigs are definitely not 0000 and family. I’m OB 5934. How do I post under OB or should I?

Last edited by a moderator:

jason_guinn27

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Guinn
Member #

I have had 12 emails in the last hour. When network security is low on the financials and selling out is your top priority. So glad I used fake personal info for this "club" site.

Reactions: Chetta58

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hahaha! Well... I’ve been around OB since the beginning(ish) and to be honest this is only the second time I’ve ever really had an issue... several of the sites I used to belong to I just had to delete because crap would happen all the time... I’ve stayed w OB all these years because Michael and crew have been very attentive to members issues, even the dumb ones... but everyone has to make a living and priorities shift I suppose. I worked IT for 20ish years and breaches do happen regardless of time and money spent, ask Microsoft Corp !!! This is more like a forwarding/notification issue so...

Reactions: Michael

jason_guinn27

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Guinn
Member #

Yikes, I did IT for the GOV for 8 years, are you the muscle that shows up when we find a problem? Are you comparing microsoft to a simple app and site? Will you silence me now?

ladybirdpb

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

prescott AZ
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Burr
Member #

I’ve gotten 26 emails in the last hour and a half...
question... I see people post on Instagram and it posts as ‘Overland Bound’ and the rigs are definitely not 0000 and family. I’m OB 5934. How do I post under OB or should I?
I have gotten the same...

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Yikes, I did IT for the GOV for 8 years, are you the muscle that shows up when we find a problem? Are you comparing microsoft to a simple app and site? Will you silence me now?
Hahaha! That’s who I worked for, the gov! Hilarious... no, my son is the hammer that comes down on us when we break uncle Sam’s ‘thou shalt not’ rules... I was a server guru for the VA. Did network security in the early days when dumb terminals were still a thing...

jason_guinn27

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Guinn
Member #

Hahaha! That’s who I worked for, the gov! Hilarious... no, my son is the hammer that comes down on us when we break uncle Sam’s ‘thou shalt not’ rules... I was a server guru for the VA. Did network security in the early days when dumb terminals were still a thing...
Ok cool story. Basic networking security for a company should be a priority when they are accepting money internationally and have personal information on all people involved.

Oakster

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oakland, CA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
DiGiorgio
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BJD
It appears someone did some maintenance or changed a setting on the app. This afternoon/evening I've received a dozen or two push notifications about new MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS but I can't find any setting on my profile that will allow me to disable that "feature" and I've never gotten these prior to today.

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Me either! Gotta love updates and maintenance... I just turned sound off... they’ll get to I’m sure...

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have had 12 emails in the last hour. When network security is low on the financials and selling out is your top priority. So glad I used fake personal info for this "club" site.
What do you mean “Selling Out”? OB isn’t selling out to anyone.

Reactions: Chetta58

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Ok cool story. Basic networking security for a company should be a priority when they are accepting money internationally and have personal information on all people involved.
Oh believe me, I agree... I’ve seen friends get their bank accounts wiped out. I have an account just for my online crap and just put enough in it to cover what I order etc... putting ur info out there, regardless of site is suicide. Only difference is u know it’s going to happen just not when...

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

i got about 18 emails for new posts in the the members intro thread. in the email there is a part in there to turn notifications off for that thread or all email notifications.

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, I hope you are all doing well!

You are receiving the alerts because you are watching those threads.

Over the course of the last few weeks, we've received many customer reports that our alert system does not work. The complaint goes like this, "Hey, I watched a thread and I'm not getting notifications. It must be broken".

In actuality, it is not broken, its a feature. The feature worked like this: If you watched a forum or thread, and did not respond to an alert, you would no longer receive any alerts. This led folks to believe the system was broken.

As of ~4:52 PM PDT, we turned alerts on for all updated to a thread you are watching. This may not be desired, but if you unwatch those threads, you will no longer receive alerts. Also, if you would like to only receive push notifications, and not email alerts, you can unfollow the thread, re-follow, and select "without email alerts". You will then only receive app push notifications, and not emails.

This thread is a good place to get feedback - and I'll watch it to see what your thoughts are.

A basic question, given you can control this, would you still rather we programmatically throttle alerts like it was before.

M

BTW @jason_guinn27 that's a bad-ass rig.

Reactions: Boort

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Michael, I guess it’s a ‘change’ in how the system has worked in the past for me because I’ve not gotten these before and tonight they just started blowing thru in volume. I’ll simply opt out via the next one that comes thru... TU

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
MAKE IT STOP!!!
We may, your feedback is key. Let me ask you this if you don’t mind. Which behavior do you prefer, A or B:

A: if I follow a thread I receive alerts for all new posts.

B: if I follow a thread I will receive all new alerts until I don’t respond, then I will receive no alerts.

If it’s brain-breaking, I get it :) but those are the options.

Is there a possible C ?

Status
Not open for further replies.