Getting my off-road navigation ready to install on my 2019 Outback

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Decided on going with RAM mounts to hold a Garmin 35t on a quick remove mount along drivers side windshield pilar and a Ram mount w/ X-grip to hold an iPad mini Gen 5 right over center speaker on dashboard. Also, attached to that is a Dual Electronics XGPS160 dedicated GPS receiver mounted to the Ram mount using a custom printed holder from Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F5...&utm_content=2

Attachments

Greg Eigsti

Rank V

Advocate I

Sammamish, WA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KD7UBJ
Decided on going with RAM mounts to hold a Garmin 35t on a quick remove mount along drivers side windshield pilar and a Ram mount w/ X-grip to hold an iPad mini Gen 5 right over center speaker on dashboard. Also, attached to that is a Dual Electronics XGPS160 dedicated GPS receiver mounted to the Ram mount using a custom printed holder from Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F5...&utm_content=2
I'm waiting on the Ram to have their iPad Pro 11 roller holder available for sale. Although the Scosche mag mount looks interesting - just not sure how well it would hold in the bumps. Was thinking about a touchscreen stereo for the Jeep and thought why not get an ipad and tether it to existing stereo - could use ipad in the house as well! Already have a Ram ball in the Jeep and a bunch of accessories from previous adventures.

MiamiC70

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Here’s what my 2019 Subaru Outback looks like with devices in place. So far pretty happy just a few minor tweaks but I think this is more than enough for my needs. Highly recommend RAM Mounts and the Dual Electronics XGPS160. 47BA9A69-BC8D-4A05-9959-2E71AB8556DB.jpeg

Reactions: Greg Eigsti

Vesteroid

Rank I

Traveler I

Reno nv
I had a 17 outback and bought a panavise mount that slid between the radio and the side dash there and bolted in. It allowed me to put a ram mount ball on it and then whatever I wanted. I did a phone mount for my iphone with a xgrip. I think it was less than 20 bucks and rock solid. easy to install too.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member

Advocate I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Here’s what my 2019 Subaru Outback looks like with devices in place. So far pretty happy just a few minor tweaks but I think this is more than enough for my needs. Highly recommend RAM Mounts and the Dual Electronics XGPS160. View attachment 100422
Glad you're happy with how it turned out. I wouldn't like that much in my field of view but to each their own.

I had a 17 outback and bought a panavise mount that slid between the radio and the side dash there and bolted in. It allowed me to put a ram mount ball on it and then whatever I wanted. I did a phone mount for my iphone with a xgrip. I think it was less than 20 bucks and rock solid. easy to install too.
The Panavise mount is an awesome solution for something small mounted close but theres simply too much movement when things get too far away from the mount.