Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
I've had my StrongArm for 4 years now and during that time it has become my go-to backpacking and camp knife. Now my Cold Steel and Falkniven fixed blades just languish in my desk. I can hear the comments already..."but it's a Gerber". Yeah that's right, but a darn tough Made in USA Gerber. It has gone on every backpacking, camping, and overlanding trip I've taken in the last 4 years. (To date it's logged more miles than a Brooklyn taxi :blush: ) I believe when they 1st came out I paid $50 for it, but today they go for $65 to$75...and still a great deal.
The stats: Blade is 420HC steel and comes in a plain or partially serrated blade. 4.8" blade with a total length of 9.8", rubberized diamond texture grip, full tang with a spike pommel, and ceramic coated blade. Weight is a svelte 7.2oz and 10.9oz with sheath. It can be carried 3 different ways horizontal or vertical belt, and molle compatible with the included snap on strap. Sheath is some composite polymer similar to kydex but is ambidextrous.(important I'm a lefty) Knife is available in coyote brown or black.
The good, the bad, and the ugly: The ugly- wish it were available in either CPM3V or S30V. The bad- the ceramic coating wears off (now you know why I want S30V) and in further breaking news, water is wet. The Good- It's light and well balanced, grip is great as well as comfy. It has batoned a metric ton of wood. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge well. Does great in kitchen duties, making stakes, cutting saplings for tarp/tent poles...you name it. Also sheath retention is good. It's been a real workhorse and always stays in the back storage cabinet of the GX.
Strongarm In.jpgStrongarm out.jpg

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

I've had my StrongArm for 4 years now and during that time it has become my go-to backpacking and camp knife. Now my Cold Steel and Falkniven fixed blades just languish in my desk. I can hear the comments already..."but it's a Gerber". Yeah that's right, but a darn tough Made in USA Gerber. It has gone on every backpacking, camping, and overlanding trip I've taken in the last 4 years. (To date it's logged more miles than a Brooklyn taxi :blush: ) I believe when they 1st came out I paid $50 for it, but today they go for $65 to$75...and still a great deal.
The stats: Blade is 420HC steel and comes in a plain or partially serrated blade. 4.8" blade with a total length of 9.8", rubberized diamond texture grip, full tang with a spike pommel, and ceramic coated blade. Weight is a svelte 7.2oz and 10.9oz with sheath. It can be carried 3 different ways horizontal or vertical belt, and molle compatible with the included snap on strap. Sheath is some composite polymer similar to kydex but is ambidextrous.(important I'm a lefty) Knife is available in coyote brown or black.
The good, the bad, and the ugly: The ugly- wish it were available in either CPM3V or S30V. The bad- the ceramic coating wears off (now you know why I want S30V) and in further breaking news, water is wet. The Good- It's light and well balanced, grip is great as well as comfy. It has batoned a metric ton of wood. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge well. Does great in kitchen duties, making stakes, cutting saplings for tarp/tent poles...you name it. Also sheath retention is good. It's been a real workhorse and always stays in the back storage cabinet of the GX.
View attachment 96111View attachment 96112
"
I ain't mad at ya. Made in USA is a big bonus. My current fav is my Esee 5, 11" overall with a 5.25" long blade. The blade is 1/4" thick btw. She's a beast!

Reactions: Biker Eagle