Georgia Transverse from the west

• HTML tutorial

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

We will be coming from the west hitting the Traverse about noon. What I was wondering is how far most people get the first day. Just trying to start looking at places to camp and would like some idea of the area to look in. Thanks for any help you can give

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

Nooga_Rock

Rank I

Enthusiast I

We will be coming from the west hitting the Traverse about noon. What I was wondering is how far most people get the first day. Just trying to start looking at places to camp and would like some idea of the area to look in. Thanks for any help you can give
How did things work out? I'm eyeing doing some of the traverse soon, but most likely would have a weekend only so might find what the best 2 days of it would be? I'm coming from Chattanooga, I might drive to start on the east side.

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

If I were you I would start at Tallulah River Campground, which is right down the road from Charlies Creek crossing. We actually started at Dillard Georgia and made it to Cooper Creek WMA. We like to stop look take pictures and such so I think most people could travel that much fairly easily. Dicks Creek, Tray Mountian are both closed just so you know.