George Washington National Forest 12/8/2018

• HTML tutorial

rdy4adventure

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Maryland
Member #

Decided earlier in the week I wanted to finally take the Jeep out for a trip and not the little things I do local. Being from Baltimore there isn't really anything worth looking at unless you travel 2-3 hours first. I really hate driving for hours on highways, so I don't go often.

I look up some areas, check out some youtube video's and decide on Flagpole Knobb.Plan was to head out early Saturday, check out Flagpole Knobb, then continue on to the lake down the road. After that, I wanted to check out an observation tower. Overall I had a good time, but I didn't make it to the observation tower due to spending a very long time just enjoying the trails, going slow, getting out taking pictures and talking to a few people. I made it to the camp site after dark and decided I wanted to go grab some food and come back. Went to their local Arby's which was 45 minutes away and decided to drive home from there. I really didn't want to go back to the campsite and have nobody to talk or drink with. All my friends with 4 wheel drives or people interested in going were working the weekend and my son is not interested in real camping. So if there aren't any trailers or cabins, he has no interest in going. So I took the 3.5 hour drive home instead.

To my surprise after seeing nobody out there, I get to the top of Flagpole Knobb and there was a lot of people at the top hanging out. Also, I don't know what the hell it was but I seen a battle on the trail, got out and seen that mole looking thing, trying to kill the frog who was trying to hop away, both were making noises. I felt bad for the frog, and pushed the grey thing away, he went running under some leaves. I grabbed the frog and set him in the woods further down the trail.

Anybody know what kind of tracks those are? Just curious, but guessing a random dog.

DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0021.JPG DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0036.JPG DSC_0041.JPG DSC_0047.JPG DSC_0052.JPG DSC_0058.JPG DSC_0066.JPG

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Was just there a month ago. I love the whole area and always look forward to going back.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Those tracks could have been a coyote. They look the same as dog tracks but it looks like you had a good time. I’d love to be there in the snow