AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Looks interesting and somewhat similar to the Cooper STT Pro where they try to keep road noise down to a minimum while also giving you an excellent off-road tire. I will likely stick with the STT Pro's as being my next tire but look forward to future reviews on this one. A rep at Discount also mentioned the new Nitto Ridge Grappler as another similar tire. http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

E

expeditionnorth

my friend Bushcoat over there on expo has the first set ever in Canada, I'd ask him for opinions
he has boasted about them lately, all good

Reactions: Crispy

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

There are a few companies offering those "hybrid terrain" tires. Aggressive for an A/T but not quite an M/T.

Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX
Nitto Ridge Grappler
Toyo Open Country R/T
All come to mind when looking at this new offering. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

There is a good chance that is my next tire. I ran the General Grabber red labels and loved them. More so than my current Toyo MT's I have currently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crispy

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Resurrect. Has anybody been running the X3s with some amount of pavement, dirt and wheeling miles on them? Looking at getting them maybe as my next tire...

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I put a set on last Wednesday. They are quiet, and handle great. I was out on ice covered roads on Saturday, and they did very well. I have 34x10.50x17 BFG KO2 for winter tires, and KM2 as summer tires. The KM2 are for sale, and I think I may sell the KO2 also.
For driving on them for less than a week, I’m not one bit disappointed.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I put a set on last Wednesday. They are quiet, and handle great. I was out on ice covered roads on Saturday, and they did very well. I have 34x10.50x17 BFG KO2 for winter tires, and KM2 as summer tires. The KM2 are for sale, and I think I may sell the KO2 also.
For driving on them for less than a week, I’m not one bit disappointed.
Good to hear. I really haven’t heard anything bad. They may just be flying under the radar for now.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Good to hear. I really haven’t heard anything bad. They may just be flying under the radar for now.
The X3 is still a pretty new tire. I have only seen one place that stocks them. I had to order mine. If you haven’t ordered yet, I joined Tread Lightly and got $100 off from General tire, and $50 off from Discount Tire with a $50 membership. Discount is a General dealer, but will probably have to order them in.

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
I love my X3's. I have had them on for almost a year, and have put just under 10k miles on those tires on my Jeep JKU.

I'm running 35's on a daily driver, and when I hit the trail air down to 15psi. The rock rings on my rims have some major gouges but the sidewall shows no serious wear. There are a few places where tread has been chewed up, due to me going through rock gardens etc.

I'm so impressed the next change on my wife's TJ I want to put on X3's as well.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Just a quick update about the X3.
Drive them for a while now, unexpected good on pavement even in heavy rain. The only thing I could not test was deep mud everything else was beyond my expectations.
Driven on jeep wrangler jku in 285/70r17

Maybe I do a little review when I put more Kilometers on them.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Ok, I’ve got a few miles on my X3’s now. They have done a great job every single place I have taken them, mud, sand, (not deep), and snow. Not the best ice tire, but what mud terrain is? I was surprised how well they did on ice though, compared to my old KM2 BFG.
The X3 is a quiet, good handling road tire also. They wear good, and balanced better than I could have hoped.
I recommend them.

Reactions: JCWages and MazeVX

aghadjip

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton NC
Member #

Bringing this up from the dead, pulled the trigger on a set of X3s for the troopy. E rated. While there was some life left in my old km2's its stopping ability in the wet and snow/slush has degraded significantly. Read some good things about these, so will give it a shot (33x10.50)

Reactions: MazeVX and chithead