General Grabber ATx: What is your opinion of them.

• HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
What is your opinion of them/ do you use them?....... A 2 ply sidewall vs 3 for NITTO and BFG. Anyone put a significant amount of mileage on their 60,000 tread warranty? THEIR PRICE IS VERY SIMILAR TO THESE OTHER 2 OFFERINGS. Finally, how is their road manners, as they will spend more time there, then on the trail (noise/balancing/weather traction).

Looking for REAL WORLD opinions from those who have them, or know friends who have them.

Last edited:

Keebs McDubz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

Been running a set of 30x9.5x15 on my Sonoma for about 10 months and 4000 miles so far. Haven't taken them offroading at all yet besides dirt roads and romping curbs... Will put them to the test from that standpoint in northern NM / southern CO this summer for sure.

They came delivered from Tirerack on my American Racing Baja wheels but unfortunately weren't balanced right. Took a couple tries at my local Firestone but once they were balanced they ride super smooth. I daily drive my truck on them, and they are pretty quiet on road trips / highway driving. Keep in mind my 02 truck has a lot of wind noise though. I've been 90 mph on them with confidence, in a couple inches of snow in 4x4 they did great around town, and I've been through some heavy rains and haven't lost traction.

For the price I have absolutely no regrets. This is the first set of ATs I've ever ran so I have nothing to compare these tires to besides the shit touring tires that were on the truck when I bought it. I have experience racing sports cars on various tires, and these grabbers seem pretty predictable so far for extreme maneuvers. I've given them a thorough shake down and taken them to the edge of traction (and past) plenty of times.

Hope this helps! Pics of mine since they look bad ass:

Last edited:

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Been running a set of 30x9.5x15 on my Sonoma for about 10 months and 4000 miles so far. Haven't taken them offroading at all yet besides dirt roads and romping curbs... Will put them to the test from that standpoint in northern NM / southern CO this summer for sure.

They came delivered from Tirerack on my American Racing Baja wheels but unfortunately weren't balanced right. Took a couple tries at my local Firestone but once they were balanced they ride super smooth. I daily drive my truck on them, and they are pretty quiet on road trips / highway driving. Keep in mind my 02 truck has a lot of wind noise though. I've been 90 mph on them with confidence, in a couple inches of snow in 4x4 they did great around town, and I've been through some heavy rains and haven't lost traction.

For the price I have absolutely no regrets. This is the first set of ATs I've ever ran so I have nothing to compare these tires to besides the shit touring tires that were on the truck when I bought it. I have experience racing sports cars on various tires, and these grabbers seem pretty predictable so far for extreme maneuvers. I've given them a thorough shake down and taken them to the edge of traction (and past) plenty of times. They also performed excellently in an urban pursuit situation when I had to chase down a guy in a newer Camaro SS who hit and ran my friend's truck right in front of me :tearsofjoy:

Hope this helps! Pics of mine since they look bad ass:
View attachment 97734View attachment 97737
For the balancing issue, why did it take multitude times? Did the tire shop have to resort to road balancing them ?

You read about certain brands, or sometimes certain tires within a brand having problems with that issue.

Keebs McDubz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Albuquerque, NM
Member #

For the balancing issue, why did it take multitude times? Did the tire shop have to resort to road balancing them ?

You read about certain brands, or sometimes certain tires within a brand having problems with that issue.
I was between the grabbers or KO2s and I read a lot of reviews with the KO2s having trouble balancing too. I think it might just be trickier to balance ATs in general, combine that with different technicians who are better or worse at balancing, or in a rush or not. Just a lot of variables I think...

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I have a set that my JK came with. I was looking for new tire and before this thought the Generals would be great. My tires are about at 50% on the Generals. Would not buy them! No comparison between the Generals ATs and BFG KO2s. Now I say this for someone that their vehicle is a daily driver too. My Cherokee has BFG KM3, and love the tires, but the KO2s were a better all around tire, with great wear and works well in the snow too! Vance.