Rank V

Advocate I

Buzy, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Hi all - researching the options for cost-effectively mounting a 20 litre Jerry can on the Gen 3 (preferably without having to drill into the door itself). I’ve seen some interesting side mount options for spare tires, but the best I’ve seen is for rotopax, which are too small for our needs. I’m not having much luck in the forums or Google more generally.

The Gen 3 has an off center spare tire, so the thought is to mount something to the left of the tire — either bolted into the door, or attached to the tire or the tire mount directly. There are reasonable concerns about the impacts of any additional weight on the hinges by adding a mount to the tire, so i’m hoping that someone here has been down this path on a Gen 3 already.

We don’t want to roof mount, and nor do we want to spent €1000+ on a whole new rear bumper. We’re just looking for an affordable way to carry an additional 20 litres of fuel for the rare occasions when we want that peace of mind.

(photo below is from Wikipedia, showing the offset, as well as one potential solution that I can’t find anywhere online)

Last edited: