Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

G'Day, I'm a newly registered member but I've been watching the YouTube videos for a while now. Self-Isolating at home and social-distancing has given me some spare time to finally get around to registering. Have a good day everyone and keep well.
Welcome. And yes, this virus thing def. sucks. I'm about 35 mins south from NYC. We're in the heart of hell right now.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

G'Day, I'm a newly registered member but I've been watching the YouTube videos for a while now. Self-Isolating at home and social-distancing has given me some spare time to finally get around to registering. Have a good day everyone and keep well.

Welcome, Alan! Hope you find your way around alright. . . lots of interesting folk here.

You'll have to let us know first-hand how things are in Australia.

Stay safe, stay clean, stay positive!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

AlanMcW

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
First Name
Alan
Last Name
McWilliams
G'Day Road, thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to meeting more interesting folk in the forums. Things here are probably pretty much the same as all over - we're not as bad as Italy or Spain, but we're not doing as well as Singapore. The leaders of the most populous states differ with the national government about the scale and speed of the response and how to balance health outcomes with the impact on the economy. We are being urged to stay home to slow down the rate of viral transmission and only go out if necessary and for exercise. I can work from home and keep my job, which is better than the situation a lot of folks are in. I live in one of the beach side suburbs in Melbourne as well, so getting out for some exercise and fresh air is not a problem. I'm grateful that I'm not one of the many many people being laid off from their jobs or facing real hardship and stress. This is a shared experience globally I guess.

Reactions: Luis Merlo and Road