Gazelle Tents and Jeep JK

• HTML tutorial

dedpak

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bellevue, Nashville, TN, USA
Member #

I really like the reviews of the Gazelle Tents but I’m traveling on the Jeep JK (2 doors). Based on the dimensions look is like there is no way to fit this tent _inside_ the vehicle.
Does anybody have any experience to fit it in?

Reactions: F8OO

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
I have a Cherokee, and recently purchased a gazelle t4. So the inside dimensions are an issue for me as well.

On another thread a member stated he simply straps it to his roof rack. However, he hasn’t done this for a long period of time. So my concern is the wear that would be caused on the fabric case while exposed to the elements and the wind while driving.

My long term thoughts are possible making something similar to a conduit carrier you see on work vans and trucks. A large pvc pipe, with locking ends, mounted to the roof rack.
Another issue for that is price. I don’t think it would fit in 8” diameter pvc, and 10” is expensive or atleast from what I’ve seen. I hope to source some someone is using as scrap or has lying around.

Reactions: F8OO and dedpak

dedpak

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bellevue, Nashville, TN, USA
Member #

The T3 fits just fine across the inside..I put mine up behind the front seats when traveling before I got my roof rack
Great!, thank you! That what am I thinking. I'm taking the rear seat out anyway. Just need to make sure I still have some space for a dog :)
The roof rack is not an option for me now. I'd like to be as flexible as possible with my soft top.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Great!, thank you! That what am I thinking. I'm taking the rear seat out anyway. Just need to make sure I still have some space for a dog :)
The roof rack is not an option for me now. I'd like to be as flexible as possible with my soft top.
Same with my TJ, T3 fits across the back.

Reactions: dedpak