Grizzy57

Rank 0

Contributor I

Illinois
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Williams
I run a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, I’ve noticed there isn’t a huge market for overland type gear for full size trucks so just trying to get ideas for diy mods. I’m currently building a swing away tire carrier for mine, (a lot cheaper than paying $1500 for a hitch gate)

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

Something I came across that I plan to add early next year are these truck bed wall racks:

I put a truck bed topper on my Ram that has the open-out side windows and then strapped in a Husky tool trunk that has my 12v setup sectioned off in 1/3 of it and use the rest for miscellaneous storage that is easy to get to through the open window.

Grizzy57

Rank 0

Contributor I

Illinois
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Williams
Like the hard plastic Molle webbing?
Something I came across that I plan to add early next year are these truck bed wall racks:

I put a truck bed topper on my Ram that has the open-out side windows and then strapped in a Husky tool trunk that has my 12v setup sectioned off in 1/3 of it and use the rest for miscellaneous storage that is easy to get to through the open window.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Skid plates and rock sliders. I'm sure there is a company that makes those parts for your truck. Full size parts are definitely limited for sure. It seems like if you don't have a 4runner or a tacoma no one cares, but there are definitely parts out there.

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

BuiltRight has some good products designed for various uses but they are just now finally branching off into different manufacturers. They used to be strictly Ford but have begun making products for Ram and Toyota. I'm still waiting for them to actually start selling for Chevy/GM trucks.