Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Talking about full sized rigs and winches... the really cool factor is with a little creativity you can put a winch behind the stock bumper... especially so on the older rigs like @Big G Pickup. And it can be done cheaper than getting a Warn winch plate.
I am looking at the bumper of my Tahoe Z71 and there is a panel in the middle that looks like it would snap out right where a winch wants to be. I have a welder and a lot ingenuity.

dpurdy85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Purdy
Member #

SDHQ has a lot of good stuff. RCI has some universal fit stuff and I think CBI started making bed racks too.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
literally just found out about SDHQ the other day, lol. Why are all the cool companies in AZ? Their inner bed panel racks seem pretty cool.

Reactions: dpurdy85

.30 Al

Rank I

Enthusiast I

SDHQ makes nice stuff. I'm running their A-pillar light mount, rock sliders (just released a few weeks ago), and under hood mount for Switch-Pros module. I found it difficult to find a rack and after months of deliberation went with the Leitner Designs ACS.

Attachments

Reactions: BCMoto

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
SDHQ makes nice stuff. I'm running their A-pillar light mount, rock sliders (just released a few weeks ago), and under hood mount for Switch-Pros module. I found it difficult to find a rack and after months of deliberation went with the Leitner Designs ACS.
Did you weld the sliders yourself? I have been searching for proper rock sliders for my '19 Screw and am looking hard at the Rocky Road sliders, which look to be a bolt (to the frame) on affair vs welding.

Reactions: .30 Al

Bluegrass rules

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Willow Beach, Georgina, ON, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hill
Member #

I too look for sliders, front and rear bumpers etc for my 2007 regular cab, 8 foot bed 2500HD Sierra. Also not much is made for an 8 foot bed. Front bumper replacement so I could get a better approach angle. Don’t do any extreme off roading. Maybe more in the US but not much in Canada.

.30 Al

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I'd been looking for "TRUE" sliders for years. I had looked at the Rocky Road sliders but they bolt on to the same BODY location as the factory running boards. I would have rather installed bolt-on vs weld-on sliders but they just don't exist. I am lucky enough to have a buddy who is a welder so he hooked it up. I am happy with the way they turned out. SDHQ markets these sliders for the Gen2 Raptor. I called them and asked if it would fit my '15 SCREW short bed and they said it would as long as it was a super crew short bed.

Attachments

Reactions: DUTCH.45

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I just camped with a guy last night who has an F250 with a 12" lift. I don't think he need sliders. I told him he could hit a deer and it would just go under and walk away. Huge machine.

Reactions: BCMoto and .30 Al