Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I thought it might be good to have a gear thread specifically for Full Size rigs. I have a Silverado Crew Cab and have a tough time finding items sometimes.

First item I have is for Ditch Light brackets specifically for 2014-2018 Silverado's. If anyone has any other Full Size specific gear items, please post them below so people can find them. Thanks

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Good thread Jason. Not sure what I can contribute at the moment. For my 02 2500hd I make due with generic parts other than the gear related to my Pro Comp Pre-Runner suspension kit, which is made for my year and model range.
Hopefully one day you'll be looking to get something, and you can come to this thread and maybe find it :)

Crowley34

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Selma, NC, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Crowley
Member #

Great idea on a thread. I also have a 17 Silverado and it can be crazy hard to find certain aftermarket parts.

GM does make replacement skid plates that are aluminum. They bolt right on and I got mine on Amazon but if you google search the PN below they have them multiple places.

GM Shield-Kit Part# 23176881

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Great idea on a thread. I also have a 17 Silverado and it can be crazy hard to find certain aftermarket parts.

GM does make replacement skid plates that are aluminum. They bolt right on and I got mine on Amazon but if you google search the PN below they have them multiple places.

GM Shield-Kit Part# 23176881
Thank you for this, I've been trying to figure out if there was metal plates for my 18' sierra like on my 01

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

This is a great idea. I do think it would be more helpful if the thread was listed as "Gear for 20XX-2019 GM Full Size trucks". Then those that drive other trucks can start a thread for their brand and year range. While I drive a GMC, mine is too old for any gear to be available and there are other brands of trucks. A thread for each brand would help narrow down the searching if your "Brand" is somewhere in the middle of a 200 page thread.

Dixoff

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Pittsburgh, PA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dixon
Member #

I have a 2014 Silverado and found KB Voodoo Fabrications their Max Modular bed racks are pretty sweet! They obviously have racks for Toyotas but the universal model I got fits my 6.5ft bed perfectly. They also make brackets that allow for my Tonneau cover to fit as well with some minor adjustments. Rotopax mounting on the side of the rack as well. Friggin love it!IMG_1503.JPG

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I have a 2014 Silverado and found KB Voodoo Fabrications their Max Modular bed racks are pretty sweet! They obviously have racks for Toyotas but the universal model I got fits my 6.5ft bed perfectly. They also make brackets that allow for my Tonneau cover to fit as well with some minor adjustments. Rotopax mounting on the side of the rack as well. Friggin love it!View attachment 128845
I love mine!

Reactions: Dixoff

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Those with 2014-2018 GM trucks, there is a forum member on GM trucks making hidden winch mounts

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Those with 2014-2018 GM trucks, there is a forum member on GM trucks making hidden winch mounts
awesome! thanks for sharing

Reactions: stone150

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I saw this thread on the forum but after thinking about it i want a after market bumper to help increase approach angle.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I’ve been looking at front bumpers for awhile. Westin and DV8 are really the only ones I’ve come across for my 2017 Silverado. I’m pretty picky though. I don’t want something that sticks out to far, I’d like it to blend in as good as possible. Haven’t found any rear bumpers I like yet. Hoping to find one that will have some sort support for a swing arm tire carrier

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
I’ve been looking at front bumpers for awhile. Westin and DV8 are really the only ones I’ve come across for my 2017 Silverado. I’m pretty picky though. I don’t want something that sticks out to far, I’d like it to blend in as good as possible. Haven’t found any rear bumpers I like yet. Hoping to find one that will have some sort support for a swing arm tire carrier
Yeah I'm with you, I found some that are ok, but nothing that I'm in love with. I kind of like the Westin, but it has no provisions for a winch. If I can't find anything, I'll go with the hidden mount or go with a modified front hitch.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Yeah I'm with you, I found some that are ok, but nothing that I'm in love with. I kind of like the Westin, but it has no provisions for a winch. If I can't find anything, I'll go with the hidden mount or go with a modified front hitch.
Yea I'm leaning on not getting a winch, as I think a lot of the bumpers with a winch mount are just too big and bulky. I know people will try to say I need a winch..but I stick to forest roads and such, and don't intend to ever do any crazy roads

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Yea I'm leaning on not getting a winch, as I think a lot of the bumpers with a winch mount are just too big and bulky. I know people will try to say I need a winch..but I stick to forest roads and such, and don't intend to ever do any crazy roads
I agree, I'm in debate with myself if I really need one. In a pinch a highlift will accomplish the same thing just slower. I like the idea of a front hitch and winch carrier so that I could take it off when not needed and put on other vehicles. Fab fours winch mount is the only exterior one I think looks ok. Although due to my location, trips will only happen a few times per year and require planning. Not to mention due to the long distances I have to travel to get anywhere and the fact that my truck takes premium, I'm trying to keep the truck as arodynamic as a brick can be.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I also agree most bumpers ive seen are just too bulky, but i too like the westin bumpers even with no winch. The outlaw and promod are ok and the hdx just looks bulky...

Flying pig

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florence, OR, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
sprueill
Member #

I also agree most bumpers ive seen are just too bulky, but i too like the westin bumpers even with no winch. The outlaw and promod are ok and the hdx just looks bulky...
Ill 3rd or 4th this. The full size rig EQ companies build giant tow truck size bumpers that weight too much. I would like low profile high angle bumpers. My rig is big and heavy enough already

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
You may be good with just a comealong, HiLift winch kit, traction boards. Winch is nice but not needed for running forest roads.