SOLD.
Thanks for all the interest, everyone!

Description: 2001 Subaru Forester, 187k, Red
The good:
-Recent replacement of all 5 tires with Yokohama Geolandars in 205/70 R15
-New tie rods and alignment
-Starts and runs like a top
-A/C is fully functional
-Original stereo with CD player (for you purists)
- Stack of maintenance receipts dating back to 2003

The Not-as-Good:
-Paint is faded and clear coat is mostly gone on the top
- Roof rack has seen better days
- Will require a new CV joint on the front (making noise when turning left, going straight is quiet)
- Driver’s seat reflects the 187k

Price : $1850
Shipping: Pickup in the Jax area

Hey, all. I’m letting go of my starter Forester build, and figured I should start with the community of like-minded people most likely to appreciate it.
I picked the Forester up as a longer-term slow-build project, that must unfortunately be called off. The double whammy of work commitments and rapidly expanding family means I don’t get to wrench, and it doesn’t suit my needs. So, best to send off in search of new adventures. Give me a holler with interest or questions, I’ll do my best to respond quickly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dr.thetay

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jax, FL
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Van Assche
Member #

OK... For how long have you been using the vehicle?
I’ve had it a couple months - bought it from a coworker who used it as his daily for the past 17 years. When I bought it, the tires were just about dead and needed an alignment. I threw on the Geolanders and had the tie rods replaced while it was at the shop. $1200 later, I’m off to the races, hardware store runs and commuting duty. Life is great!
And then I found out that another kid is in the future, which means a 5-passenger SUV isn’t going to cut it.
I figured if I have to sell, it should be to someone who will appreciate the tire selection.

juliusguru

Rank 0

Contributor I

Accra, Ghana
First Name
Julius
Last Name
Adebare
I’ve had it a couple months - bought it from a coworker who used it as his daily for the past 17 years. When I bought it, the tires were just about dead and needed an alignment. I threw on the Geolanders and had the tie rods replaced while it was at the shop. $1200 later, I’m off to the races, hardware store runs and commuting duty. Life is great!
And then I found out that another kid is in the future, which means a 5-passenger SUV isn’t going to cut it.
I figured if I have to sell, it should be to someone who will appreciate the tire selection.
Oh... okay. Great.