Fridge&Freezer recommendations | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Fridge&Freezer recommendations

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

9Mike2

Rank V

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

We have a Dometic 35 and it have been very dependable for five years now, we use a Yeti for drinks as I find the kids going in and out of the frig. doesn't work to keep thing really cold, and having ice and later melt work as extra back-up works well.
Ps. ARB and Dometic use the same components...

Vinman

Rank 0

Contributor I

I picked up an Engel MT35 in 2003 or 2004. It’s been running at least 85% of the time since and I couldn’t be happier.
I’ve had it through numerous trails in Moab in the back of my topless Jeep at least a half dozen times plus hundreds of trail trips in Alberta.
When it’s not serving Jeep duty it’s either in my work truck or garage. When I use it in the truck the interior temps get well 100 degrees regularly since I keep the windows closed to keep the dust out.
The only maintenance I’ve done to it since new was used an air hose to blow the dust out of the mechanical side once or maybe twice.
I couldn’t be happier with the Engel
edit: Since this post I’ve confirmed I purchased the fridge in May 2003 so that makes it 18-1/2 years old.

Last edited:

Gladiator Overland

Rank I
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

Cherry Log, Fannin County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham Callsign
KF4LZL
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
Here are my top 3: Aligns with what was reported by The Overland Journal and their Fridge Shootout from this year. (Can Find on YouTube)
1. Dometic CFX3 75DZ 2. National Luna 72Legacy Dual Control 3. Engel MT60 Combo(

I have had my engel my45 for right at 20 years. All but the last year it was used almost every single day. We recently purchased a Dometic CFX3 95 Dual Zone. I havent even unboxed it. But if the reviews are right then we will like it. I will post up more as I get some time behind the unit.

Reactions: 9Mike2