Forestry trunk road (FTR) Alberta

• HTML tutorial

Traveler II

Hey, so earlier this month I had a Friday and Monday off, so my wife, dog and I loaded up for our first real overland trip!
We decided to tackle the forestry trunk road

The forestry trunk road (or FTR) is a 1000km+ road which starts in the crowsnest pass and winds its way north west following the Rocky Mountains. Very little of it is paved, some of it is not open in the winter (It's best to go after June 15th).
It ends in Grande Cache.

There are a few threads on here with more information on the road so I won't do a double post.
It was a great trip I'd highly recommend! We did the first part up to Hwy 11 then ran out of time! We will be doing the second half this summer
Here's a video/slideshow of our trip

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Hey, so earlier this month I had a Friday and Monday off, so my wife, dog and I loaded up for our first real overland trip!
We decided to tackle the forestry trunk road

The forestry trunk road (or FTR) is a 1000km+ road which starts in the crowsnest pass and winds its way north west following the Rocky Mountains. Very little of it is paved, some of it is not open in the winter (It's best to go after June 15th).
It ends in Grande Cache.

There are a few threads on here with more information on the road so I won't do a double post.
It was a great trip I'd highly recommend! We did the first part up to Hwy 11 then ran out of time! We will be doing the second half this summer
Here's a video/slideshow of our trip

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi Mitch, we're from Ontario, where is the FTR or how do I find it in the Crowsnest pass?
Can you give me a screen shot of a map location. The wife and I are coming your way in a couple weeks and are cutting our time in BC short due to the wild fires and are looking for other options.
Loved the clip you up loaded btw.
Cheers!

Reactions: Mitch Pedersen

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Just did 5 days on the trunk road between Cochrane and Nordegg last week. Lucky to call this place home! If you are down this way let me know if you want to explore together :)
Nice Power Wagon too.

Reactions: Mitch Pedersen