DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I learned somethings about Forbes that I thought I would share.

They have 6 motorized campsites.

They close their sites for winter.

They are open April 2nd til the last day of rifled deer season. Which would be noon this Saturday. So the Friday of the season would be the last night to camp.

They have a pretty good pamphlet for information about the sites.

Screenshot_20211209-184108.png

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have been very behind on my updates! Been an awesome adventure season this year. I never really was an "overlander", but this is a great place for one. We camped 7 nights here and it very well may be the best trip we had been on.

We scouted the forest out back in winter! But, we just got home on Sunday from 7 wonderful nights at site 5 in the Blue Hole Division.

It was by far the most peaceful motorized campsite we have been too. I was a bit worried as the area has too very popular spots around it. Other than airplane noise, which you can not get away from...the nights were whisper quiet. There are a few shooting ranges in the area, so there was sporadic shooting throughout the day. Zero, highway noise.

Our last two sites had so much nighttime chatter from whippoorwills that it was exhausting...lol.

With the exception Of an owl and one night of coyotes...no nature noise either...did get surprised by a deer Michigan while I was at the fire late!

Hoping to go back in the fall.

Will, share some more when I get the chance!

Reactions: eroyar23 and K9LTW