For the f150 guys. Whats the biggest tire for stock wheels and suspension can you go?

• HTML tutorial

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Just bought a F150 and wanted to upgrade tires with out changing wheels. Just a stock 2016 fx4. Ecoboost. the better half drives it so not putting anything aftermarket on it besides a step up in tires

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

I have a 2016 4x2 with the 18" Sport package wheels and replaced the original tires with 265/70 Falken Wildpeak ATs. They look much better and don't rub. I am confident that the 275s that are on the 4x4s have enough room for the same 70% ratio (my rim was just not wide enough - missing .5" and I didn't want to replace them).

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Thank you for your post. I am a mopar guy so they normally have some good tolerance for tire size was wondering what the standard for the one fiddy.

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

You're welcome. I'm in the same situation - the wife drives the truck and I drive my Jeep :-)

The 33s fill the wheel well nicely and I didn't want to mess with things. I'm sure that small lift and wheels with less backspacing will allow larger tires without too much work.

Last edited:

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

If you go 33s do you gotta change wheels?
The size that I run are 33s on the original rim (see photo). You will have to look up your rim though, there are differences in the width. Maybe yours is a bit wider than mine and you can run a wider tire.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I have a 2015 and 33” BF Goodrich KO2s fit fine. With a 2.5” level and spreading the crash bars I’m able to fit 35” tires with zero rubbing.