Launch Member

Contributor III

SF Bay Area (East Bay)
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Chua
Member #

Up for sale is my 2017 So-Cal "Kascade" Sierra 509 Trailer. Used but in like new condition.

This is an upgraded Sierra 509 teardrop trailer model very similar to the current "Kascade" model (which was not available when my build started) from So-Cal Teardrops out of Ontario, CA and built by Tom Perkins at his So-Cal authorized shop Treeline Teardrops in Petaluma, CA. This is an aerodynamic, go anywhere compact "crossover teardrop, somewhere between road and off-road.". It has an off-road frame built of 2" x 3" steel tubing, upgraded torsion axel with electric brakes, and LED brake and reverse lights built into the rear of the frame. It has 30" x 9.5" BFG A/T tires including an undermount spare tire. The cabin includes paddle latch door handles and double sealed doors with stiffeners. Dry weight is approximately 1220 lbs, and it sleeps 2 adults comfortably on the queen-sized mattress. It can be towed easily by small cars, Jeeps, trucks and any SUV. I have used a Toyota Highlander and Chevrolet Suburban and barely even notice it back there. I store the teardrop in garage with plenty of clearance.

I received delivery mid-July 2017, and it has traveled just shy of 3000 total miles.

Sierra 509 features, options and accessories include:
  • 2 burner Partner Stove
  • Kitchen pass through screen
  • "off-road" fenders (flt fenders that you can stand on them to reach the roof basket)
  • Road - Chassis Upgrade
  • Axle Upgrade - 10# torsion bar axle with brakes
  • Front Storage Box - Black
  • LED Porch Lights
  • SCT Fridge Slide
  • Cabin Drawers/Locking with 2 flip doors
  • 5'b LP Tank w/ Holder - side mounted
  • Roof Basket - includes brackets and towers
  • ARB 4402A Awning (only on the passenger side)
  • 15x309.5 BFG Tires on So-Cal Rims x3 (undermount)
  • Double Sealed, Locking Doors
  • 6" Round Roof Vent/Fan
  • LED Ground Lights
  • Bungee Curtain Holders
  • Pneumatic Front Wheel Jack
  • No Radio
  • LED Bulb Upgrade (for interior "aircraft" lights)
  • ARB Three Wall Set (Part # 813106)
  • Additional Trailer Jack (so, trailer has 2 matching stability jacks)
  • Memory foam mattress topper
I paid approximately $18,500 for the trailer, options and accessories. Asking $15,500.
Located in the East Bay of the SF Bay Area.
Pictures available upon request.

Contact Chris at cdchua@yahoo.com or text to 415.867.2482.

Last edited: