US Northwest For Sale - Kent, WA - 1978 Jeep Cherokee S, needs lots of body work - $4,000 - local pickup

• HTML tutorial

Tim Gregory

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kent, WA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Rebuilt AMC 401 and transmission, only about 300 miles since then because of enduring electical gremlins.
Plenty of rust to go around, but I have new rear quarters and used donor tailgate and front fenders with far less rust to deal with.
I bought this FSJ Cherokee more than six years ago after letting go of my J-10 pickup and invested a ton into rebuilding the mechanical stuff hoping to build a family overland rig with it, but I don't have the know-how to do the rest of the work myself, and time has proven that I have other priorites and won't get around to learning what I need to know - combine that with blowing the vehicle budget on the mechanic and this diamond in the rough has been sitting. And sitting. It runs, and I'm sure we can do a neighborhood test drive, but I'd recommend towing it.
This is a good example of a full-size Jeep with part interchangability with Grand Wagoneers, Wagoneers, and J-series pickups from the 60s to 1991. For some, the rebuilt AMC 401 alone is worth what I'm asking; if you want it, you'll need to take the whole package :)

Attachments