Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
So since doing the first Southeast rally in May of 2017, the area commonly known as the slab has been closed down by the National Forest Service due to vandalism and excessive trash. Those of us who were there know how nice of a spot this is and those that don't can watch the video of the Rally below:

@WitchDoctor0211 and @grantwilson have more updated information on this than I do, but I wanted to make our members here aware that this appears to be a rapidly progressing issue and that the NSF is closing areas down at a fast rate.

Any detailed information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

So since doing the first Southeast rally in May of 2017, the area commonly known as the slab has been closed down by the National Forest Service due to vandalism and excessive trash. Those of us who were there know how nice of a spot this is and those that don't can watch the video of the Rally below:

@WitchDoctor0211 and @grantwilson have more updated information on this than I do, but I wanted to make our members here aware that this appears to be a rapidly progressing issue and that the NSF is closing areas down at a fast rate.

Loving the drone footage at night! I gata be apart of the production on the next official OB SE Meetup.

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

Sad to hear! Lived in Lake City, FL for several years, and have visited Ocala National Forest on a bunch of occasions.

Hope the problem is rectified and areas open back up soon!

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan